REMOTE · Boise, Idaho, United States · Operations
ConvertKit is on a mission to help creators earn $1B using our SaaS email marketing platform. We are 100% independent, 100% remote and are growing rapidly. We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, and we’re looking for a talented People Ops person to contribute to our operations team in a full-time role. If you thrive off connecting with people, managing systems that meet state and federal requirements, care about creating an incredible culture, and have seen rapid growth this might be the role for you!
WHY CONVERTKIT IS INTERESTING:
- We are a 100% bootstrapped company with a 100% remote team with teammates in 40 cities across 9 countries.
- Every team member is committed to our mission, vision and values. Our mission is not your standard mailed-in variety; We exist solely to help creators earn a living from their craft, and we take that very seriously.
- We put a high emphasis on work / life balance.
- We were named #23 on the 2019 Inc 5000 – the fastest growing private companies in America. We were the #1 fastest growing software company on the list.
As People Ops, you’ll be responsible for helping us maintain our fantastic culture and scale our people systems and processes as we continue to grow. We’ll give preference to applicants with leadership development and succession planning experience at a rapidly growing company (ideally a software startup). The role reports to the Director of Operations, which reports to the COO.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Teach and coach managers around all aspects of performance management, including career alignment, performance reviews, terminations, and career development plans
- Help improve team member performance by identifying opportunities for growth and coaching managers and teammates through the process
- Serve as an advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our team culture, including our hiring practices
- Manage benefits & renewals annually (including 401k compliance)
- Onboard new hires to set them up for success over their first 90 days and beyond
- Manage and ensure compliance with our hiring and termination process
- Build on and operate our team wellness program and quarterly book club
- Manage and issue contracts for vendors and contractors
- Ensure performance reviews are done timely and consistently
- Use data, metrics, and analytics to measure success and make better decisions
- Lead strategic people and culture initiatives (e.g. team culture surveys, management and leadership trainings, career development programs, and performance review practices)
- Be as a trusted resource to leadership and team members by handling questions related to people policies, programs, and procedures, including benefits, leave of absence, disability, and workers’ compensation
- Develop, implement, and maintain best-in-class HR policies and processes that are compliant with state and federal regulations and updating them in our company handbook
The right person for this position will have:
- Enthusiasm and belief in the ConvertKit mission.
- A strong belief in diversity, equity, and inclusion, including practical knowledge of best practices to improve our culture through DE&I
- Excellent knowledge of HR best practices and industry standards, particularly with regard to compliance, employee benefits, onboarding, employee relations
- Ability to think strategically with a passion for building and growing cohesive teams. Experience developing and implementing successful initiatives for performance management, coaching, and learning and development.
- Experience managing HR vendors/software
- Strong social and emotional intelligence – you enjoy cultivating relationships with all types of people
- An orientation towards team success over individual success and an ability to solve problems with a positive attitude
- Integrity with the ability to manage confidential information and sensitive situations with the highest level of discretion and judgment
- An approachable and caring manner that encourages trust and vulnerability within the team
- 5+ years experience in human resources or people operations at a SaaS company
- High degree of attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational and time management skills
- Strong and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with or comfort in working as part of a remote team
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 8 paid holidays, and 1 week of paid sick leave / year, bumping up to 4 weeks vacation after 1 year of employment
- The team gathers twice a year in-person for fantastic team retreats
- 12 weeks paid leave for birthing parents / 4 weeks paid leave for non-birthing parents, as well as flexible scheduling in the first year after your child is born
- $2,500 equipment allowance given every 2 years
- 4% 401k match
- Yearly conference credit
- $1,000 yearly “paid paid vacation” bonus
- Excellent health, vision, and dental benefits
ConvertKit is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all of its forms and we hire the best person for each role, no matter your personal background. Research tells us that applicants who are female or non-binary, as well as applicants who are people of color, are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for.
We encourage every person who is interested to apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of this job posting as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply. Take the leap – you never know, you might just be the perfect person for the role, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description above.
Salary Range: $65,00-$108,000.