People Operations Generalist at inDinero
People Operations Generalist
- Location: Remote
Who We Are
At inDinero, we believe that principles matter, and we make it a point to surround ourselves with those who share ours. As a fast growing startup with over 300 employees across the US and abroad, we are from many backgrounds, and we lead with courage and conviction. When you’re a scrappy startup helping companies turn innovative ideas into successful businesses, you can’t operate any other way.
What We Do
InDinero uses technology and services to help businesses grow. Our mission is to provide every small to medium-sized business with a strategic finance team, on their own terms and budget. We have a simple formula to serve our clients: we hire and train the best people, we build amazing technology for them to use, and we share learnings from the thousands of growing businesses we serve. Is it possible to make finance, tax and accounting both valuable and delightful for our clients? We definitely think so!
Having said that, here’s what we’re looking for in you. It’s quite simple.
We seek a People Operations Generalist to provide superior services in the delivery of HR programs, processes and tools. The right person will have a deep understanding of how HR functions can strategically contribute to the growth and drive high performance for an organization, driving value and meaning to our mission.
The role is for a passionate expert who creates positive and engaging employee experiences, offering consistent HR guidance on people matters and ensures we onboard and retain exceptional talent. Additionally, this person is experienced in HRIS, Benefits, Payroll, Employee Relations and Experience, and proficient knowledge of State and Federal laws. This person will get to flex across the US to support our remote first team. This role will report to the VP of People, and will have a high growth potential!
Strategy & People Management
- Identify and analyze data driven trends and emerging needs to address them with innovative people programs, systems, tools and processes
- Create more robust, streamlined, scalable People Ops processes and systems and maintain accurate data and documentation
- Partner and build a strong relationship with our Philippines finance and HR teams
- Contribute to building a strong People team culture
Employee Engagement & Relations
- Be a champion and advocate of the inDinero mission, values and culture by developing and implementing innovative ways to bring them to life and foster employee engagement that promotes career growth and personal wellness
- Manage our onboarding and offboarding program to ensure a great employee experience.
- Be the point of contact for benefits, payroll, and employee relations, policies and procedures
- Partner with Recruiting to ensure a smooth new hire experience
- Provide 30-60-90 day new hire check-ins
- Provide employment verifications
- Prep and process change forms
- Drive performance management through performance reviews, administer PIPs as needed, and provide guidance and coaching to managers
- Define, manage, and administer our benefits program, including renewals, open enrollment, and vendor management
- Manage unemployment claim administration and management
- Provide quarterly DTO updates to managers
- Manage expense tracking and approval for People Ops policies (education, professional development, remote work expenses)
- Process payroll through our HRIS, Rippling, including commissions, bonuses, and contractor payments
- Conduct occasional audits of Rippling, including paid time off requests, and ensure changes to organization are reflected in a timely manner
- Provide support to staff on payroll related issues
- Develop, update and implement HR policies and procedures
- Address HR compliance topics to ensure we are in adherence to HR and applicable government policies, procedures, and programs
- Maintain and manage our handbook annually
- Coordinate Leave of Absences
- Manage and maintain personnel records
Learning & Development
- Assist in the development and support of our learning and development, and performance management programs
- Create trainings and manage our learning management system (TLMS)
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of experience in a generalist Human Resources position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field OR Associates degree and commensurate experience
- Working knowledge of California employment law; SHRM-SCP certification preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience managing employee relations, investigations and resolutions
- Knowledge of HRIS–Rippling strongly preferred but not required.
- Proven problem solver with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to partner with employees at all levels
- Experience working in a startup environment with ongoing change and growth
- Comfortable with public speaking and delivering training programs
- Exercises strong discretion in dealing with confidential issues
- Strong reporting capabilities, and uses data to make informed decisions
- Work experience in a mix of small to mid-sized companies highly preferred; must have a wide range of knowledge
- Direct people management experience preferred
- Have experience working with diverse employment types, locations and a global workforce
- Empathetic communicator who connects easily with people of all different backgrounds, skills, roles, and perspectives
- Excitement about the values and mission of our company, and the ability to inspire others to feel the same
What We Offer
We believe our people are our strongest asset, so we are proud to offer a full range of employee benefits. This full-time position offers a competitive base salary and a full benefits package. We go above and beyond in our commitment to our staff’s health, well-being, and happiness by also offering generous paid time away from work programs, professional growth and development opportunities, monthly team events, pre-tax benefits, and other surprise perks throughout each month.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!