People Operations Director at Acclaro
Title: PEOPLE OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
- Location: United States
- Classifications: Remote Full-Time
Acclaro is a translation service and platform that helps the world’s leading brands succeed across cultures. Through a fine-tuned process, top industry talent and leading technologies, we make a long-term investment in our clients’ global brands.
Working in over 125 languages and with offices around the globe, Acclaro helps clients open new markets and gain a competitive edge by expertly adapting their brands and products with fast, high-quality translations.
The ideal candidate in this role will balance supporting our teams and improving our company.
People are our most valuable asset. We operate across the United States with a global team across four continents and freelancers around the world. Our service to clients and our work together relies on trust and collaboration with our international team.
As Acclaro continues to expand, we want an advocate for both the company and the employees. This role will focus on motivating and developing a distributed, multicultural team of employees and contractors.
The person in this role will align company goals, initiatives, and values with exceptional individual performance and development. The person will build mechanisms and programs which drive employee and contractor engagement with a largely remote and virtual culture.
The People Operations Director will report to the Vice President of Finance.
- Foster company culture, including a supportive environment with high expectations and opportunities to learn and grow
- Drive an optimal employee experience through their lifecycle, including:
- Recruiting, hiring, and screening standards and metrics manage these efforts (including outside resources) to attract and retain the best candidates
- Onboarding process
- Performance reviews and 360 reviews
- Professional development including courses, training opportunities (inside and outside of Acclaro), as well as mentorship to build individuals and their skills
- Events and activities which foster learning and growth
- Employee satisfaction including surveys, benefits, programs, and special events
- Employee recognition strategy and implementation
- Employee handbook and policies
- PTO approval and tracking process
- Offboarding and exit interviews
- Build programs which train managers on how to be effective managers, including best practices, productive communication, and how to grow as leaders
- Propose, research, and implement benefits encouraging retention of valuable employees
- Report and explain key internal metrics
- Measure and monitor employee and contractor satisfaction
- Promote working at Acclaro in public forums
- Ensure compliance with government laws and regulations
- Ensure equal opportunities for everyone to join, learn, and drive Acclaro’s expansion
- Experience applying programs and projects which balance multiple stakeholder needs
- Experience working at global company and with a remote and/or distributed workforce, particularly in these areas: geographic salary structures, onboarding and training, teambuilding, and setting clear guidelines and expectations for working remotely
- Experience in a role handling people operations, human resources, or a comparable position
- A strong team player who can support the team on a variety of topics and tasks
- The willingness to build new, productive, and measurable processes
- The ability to operate autonomously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven organizational skills with high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize
- Experience at a translation company is a plus
- A relevant degree and/or certifications is a plus
- Clear understanding of HR laws in one or multiple foreign countries is a plus
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!