Title: People Operations Coordinator
Location: San Francisco or Remote (US based)
Thorn is a non-profit focused on building technology to defend children from sexual abuse. Working at Thorn gives you the opportunity to apply your skills, expertise, and passions to impact the lives of vulnerable and abused children. Our staff solves dynamic, quickly evolving problems with our network of partners from tech companies, NGOs, and law enforcement agencies. If you can bring clarity to complexity and lightness to heavy problems and deliver results, you might be an excellent fit for our team.
Thorn is experiencing significant growth, and is seeking an experienced People Operations Coordinator to support our team. You will report to the Sr. People Operations Manager and assist our People Operations function in providing a seamless, and exceptional, level of service and employee experience for Thorn’s distributed team. You will help us scale a culture wired for engagement and belonging. You will possess a drive for delivering outstanding customer service and candidate experience, and a proven track record in managing recruiting and people operations administration.
What you’ll do
- Coordinate Thorn’s recruiting process with an emphasis on delivering the highest levels of service to both internal partners and applicants.
- Own the administration of our Applicant Tracking System (ATS), ensuring a high level of data integrity, including responsibility for scheduling (remote) interviews.
- Run Thorn’s job boards.
- Manage inbound candidate emails, providing a timely response.
- Provide administrative support to our Operations and Finance team and manage tasks related to on-boarding, employee development, team meetings, finance and benefits administration.
- Assist the People Operations Manager with the implementation of processes, and systems, that cement Thorn’s remote first culture.
- Manage the administration of Thorn’s internal HR systems.
- Build a diverse and inclusive team.
Skills we’re seeking
- You have at least one year’s experience, running the administration of a recruiting function, including owning all administration aspects of an ATS (Greenhouse strongly preferred).
- You are experienced with people operations administration.
- You operate with an incredible sense of urgency while not compromising on attention to detail.
- You are relational, know how to establish connections, read for engagement and are able to adapt your communication style.
- You are a self-starter who thrives in a navigating ambiguity, seeks to elevate others and is happy to succeed within conflicting priorities.
- You love working with data and systems to craft efficiency and order. You will have expertise with Google Docs and Slack and ideally experience with Okta, Help Scout, Culture Amp, Asana, Abacus, Zoom, Calendly and Slab.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and understand the importance of anticipating asks.
- You have experience working remotely, ideally within a start-up environment, and an unwavering dedication to delivering excellent work.
- You understand that as a people operations team, our priority is to solve for the experience of others.
- You are driven and passionate to make your impact on our mission.
- You approach your work with humility and thoughtfulness.