People and Culture Manager at Higharc
People & Culture Manager
- Remote OK
Higharc is a VC-backed startup that is changing how new homes are designed and built. Our all-in-one online platform allows builders to seamlessly organize, connect and automate every step of the design, construction planning, and sales process in home buying.
We’re looking for someone to join our Operations team as we build a world-class remote organization, featuring innovative, forward-thinking policies and programs to keep all employees – regardless of location – engaged, happy, and productive.
You’ll report to the Director of Operations, and you’ll be a champion for our culture and push to continually improve our employee experience.
- HR/PEOPLE: Provide general support to employees on all People related questions through a variety of support channels. Assist with the nuts & bolts of helping things run smoothly from an HR/compliance standpoint. Be the point person for benefit/perks administration. Help write company policies and ensure adoption. Assist with new employee preparation & onboarding.
- CULTURE: As a remote-first company since our founding in 2018, our culture is an essential part of what makes working at Higharc so rewarding. You’ll be an integral part of building & championing our culture – reinforcing our values, planning activities, and partnering with the Director of Operations to help keep Higharc a welcoming, encouraging, fun environment for all employees.
- EMPLOYEE RETREAT PLANNING: Our employee retreats (offsites) are an essential part of our culture. We try not to visit the same place twice! You’ll take the lead on planning, organizing, and facilitating these events that happen 3-4 times per year, for 25+ employees.
- COORDINATION: Helping various teams with scheduling, travel planning, and booking.
- VIRTUAL OFFICE MANAGEMENT: Ordering and shipping various supplies and/or equipment to employees as needed. Create and maintain an inventory system.
- 2-4+ years of HR Generalist / People Ops experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; bonus points for start-up experience
- General knowledge and understanding of employment legislation and compliance requirements, HR policies, and best practices
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated influence and diplomacy at all levels
- Strong organization skills – ability to balance multiple concurrent projects
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, positive, friendly, and a great sense of humor!
AN AVERAGE DAY AT HIGHARC:
Most of the time, no two days will look the same. You might spend one day figuring out an HR issue for an employee, organizing a virtual team-building event, and coordinating the design & ordering some new Higharc swag. The next day, you might help book accommodations, travel, and activities for a company offsite, while also planning onboarding for a new hire and sending out an employee satisfaction survey. You’ll be wearing a lot of hats, and should enjoy the challenge of jumping in & figuring out any given issue.
Higharc has been remote-first since our founding in 2018. We offer flexible hours so that you do your best work without missing out on life. Higharc offers competitive salaries with significant equity in a fast-growing, well-funded company. Personal healthiness is an important value for us – we provide comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with unlimited PTO, and meaningful maternity/paternity leave. You’ll also have access to other big-company benefits like short and long-term disability plans and a 401k. Haven’t worked remotely before? We’ll set you up with a desk/chair, and anything else you need to create a comfortable, productive working environment.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!