Pediatric Clinical Quality Program Manager/Staff Clinician
PATIENT CARE – QUALITY
Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Healths 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
The Pediatric Clinical Quality Program Manager (CQPM) is responsible for clinical excellence at Grand Rounds, focusing on clinical outcomes, patient safety, and continuous improvement, while supporting the highest caliber clinical performance of our staff and systems that impact pediatric patient care.
The CQPM team partners with all areas of the Chief Medical Officer Organization to develop and implement strategic goals related to quality improvement, including setting the direction for analytics and development of quality measures. The CPQM will also partner with Clinical Team managers to perform and support ongoing quality case reviews for the clinical team, focusing on evaluating clinical fidelity, patient impact, process/policy compliance, and upholding standards defined by Grand Rounds unique to the pediatric patient population. The CPQM will also help inform Clinical Care team training strategy, and support continuous educational opportunities for clinicians at Grand Rounds. The CQPM role collaborates closely with Service Quality team members to identify areas of high performance and opportunities for improvement across the team.
- Work directly with our pediatric patients and their families to deliver Grand Rounds clinical services.
- Collaborate with other Clinical Quality Program Managers to set the direction for analytics and development of quality measures (with a focus on “measuring what matters”)
- Perform weekly case reviews per cadence established in collaboration with the clinical team with the goal of utilizing this data to identify trends and inform quality improvement and process improvement recommendations
- Work with clinical managers and trainers to identify opportunities for team coaching and directing training strategy, leveraging quality program results data
- Longitudinal evaluation of clinical quality across all Grand Rounds Service lines
- Provide clinical quality support during special projects
- Provide support for clinical root cause analyses (RCAs) and other patient safety assurance efforts
- Provide clinical support for internal quality/care delivery escalations
- Work with Training team to identify training and development opportunities to enhance or build the behaviors that lead to patient care excellence leveraging quality program results data
- Partner with Director of Clinical Excellence and Grand Rounds legal team to learn about and support medico-legal compliance efforts
- Identify opportunities for scaling Clinical Excellence program efforts and initiatives
- Perform monthly and/or quarterly presentations about the quality program and impacts to the Clinical Care and Patient Care leadership teams
- Experience in a Quality Assurance environment in the health care and service industry (preferred)
- Experience in Procedure Development and Process Improvement (preferred)
- MD, DO, NP, or PA currently licensed in the United States. Board certification required.
- 5+ years in direct pediatric patient care as an MD, NP, or PA (required). Complex care / intensive care setting preferred but not required.
- Strong oral and written skills
- Possess and demonstrate technical and reporting aptitude
- Strong ability to drive cross-functional collaboration
- Ability to read and write clear and understandable instructions
- Good problem solving & decision making skills
- Enjoy project-based work environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at a time
- Candidates must be service oriented, self-confident, and dependable
- Must be self motivated, detail oriented
- Must work with a high sense of urgency in a fast paced environment
- Must be effective and efficient working in a team environment
- Experience with spreadsheet and word processing software (i.e. Google docs, sheets, slides, CSV files, Excel, etc) a plus
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.