Payroll Tax Specialist at Zenefits
Payroll Tax Specialist
TriNetZenefits is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNetZenefits has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At TriNetZenefits, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every single qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Payroll Tax Specialist
At TriNet Zenefits, our mission is to level the playing field for the other 99.7%— the underserved small and mid-size businesses that fuel our economy. These businesses face challenges disproportionate to their size and resources. That’s why we provide an intuitive, mobile, all-in-one People Operations (“POPs”) platform specifically built for small businesses and their employees.
We are currently looking for an individual to join our TriNet Zenefits Payroll Tax Team. As a key member of Payroll Operations, you will help us in our objective of building the most effortless and integrated payroll service on the market. You’ll be asked to help answer any questions our clients may have and have a strong understanding of the industry and market.
What you’ll do:
- Perform tax notice research as needed for resolution of payroll tax issues
- Answer general tax questions for clients (e.g., which form is the right form to use if their DNF, etc.)
- As part of issue resolution, you will review tax agency portals to ensure payments have posted and follow-up with agencies to check the status of filings/payments processing
- Liaise between the tax operations team and customer support
- Process payroll corrections and any associated amendments
- Complete additional tax service tasks or projects as needed
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Emphasis or certifications in payroll accounting, business administration preferred
- 1+ year of payroll administration experience preferred
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Fast learner who’s eager to dive into the complex world of taxes
- Collaborative team player who’s willing to jump in and help colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to go the extra mile for customers
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, prioritize multiple urgent tasks, and deliver results in a fast-paced environment with extremely tight deadlines
Life at TriNet Zenefits:
As an equal opportunity employer, we’re leveling the playing field for everyone. We are proud to celebrate diversity and champion an inclusive workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love, how you think, or what you believe, all are encouraged to apply.
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States.
As an applicant seeking to work in the state of California, city of Cincinnati, Ohio, state of Connecticut, state of Maryland, or state of Rhode Island you are entitled to information about the salary range for this role. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Please Note: TriNetZenefits reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNetZenefits is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request such an accommodation.