Payroll Specialist at Carbon 3D
Title: Payroll Specialist
Location: US National
Working at the intersection of hardware, software and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to 3D manufacturing. Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study must come together to solve intractable problems. We have grand ambitions to create technology that will influence industry around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a vibrant culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions.
As our Part-Time Payroll Specialist, you will be primarily responsible for assisting your Supervisor in processing the bi-monthly payroll in ADP Workforce Now® for 500+ employees and supporting other Payroll related inquiries and requests. In addition, as our Payroll Specialist you will also assist with Stock Administration transactions in Carta.
The company is headquartered in Redwood City, CA but this role can be U.S. remote.
- Assist with set-up of hourly employees in Time & Attendance reporting system
- Ensure time cards are input and approved on a timely basis
- Prepare manual payroll checks for terminated employees
- Assist with monthly International payroll preparation and review
- Provide back-up for bi-monthly payroll processing
- Track employees moving from state to state and/or in office or remote
- Obtain payroll SIT and SIU employer identification numbers when hiring in a new state
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns
- Assist HR team with ad hoc payroll related inquiries and informational requests
- Monitor ADP SmartCompliance notifications to ensure we comply with and are aware of any new payroll requirements
- Process quarterly equity grants in Carta
- Process terminated employees in Carta
- Process Cost Center changes in Carta
- Prepare monthly stock option exercise journal entries
- Prepare quarterly stock-based compensation journal entries
- Participate in system enhancements/automation
- Provide support for audits and ad hoc projects
- 3+ years payroll experience, preferably in a start-up environment
- Strong sense of ownership and desire to take on additional responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multi-task with strong emphasis on meeting deadlines
- Ability to work closely with employees and safeguard confidential data
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Proficient with ADP Workforce Now®
- Proficient with Excel
- Knowledge of Oracle Fusion ERP and Carta a plus
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!