REMOTE · United States · Finance
The Payroll Specialist supports the payroll function for CSD’s U.S. operations and serves as the subject matter expert and primary representative for the payroll function. This position collaborates with other members of the Finance Team to ensure proper, efficient, and effective payroll processes for CSD’s global workforce.
- Accurately processes Executive and staff payroll according to established timelines, procedures, and best in class standards.
- Oversees payroll activities as administered by Global Contact Center staff and serves as a direct resource for Contact Center staff regarding these functions. Trains employees and reinforces established procedures and best practices, as necessary.
- Enters and ensures the accuracy of all employee changes in the payroll system; oversees changes for Contact Center locations
- Serves as the primary point of contact for any staff questions regarding payroll and payroll-system access. Serves as the primary administrator of CSD’s payroll system and manages access levels and permissions.
- Serves as the primary point of contact and administrator of CSD’s time clock system and manages access levels and permissions
- Processes and ensures accuracy of all payroll garnishments and other specialized deductions
- Monitors and audits employee timesheet approvals, and reports anomalies to appropriate administrators. Ensures proper accruals and calculations in payroll system.
- Ensures that deductions are properly established in payroll and benefits systems
- Prepares end of year W2 forms to meet required deadlines
- Supports complex reporting for various payroll issues and provides reporting to administrators, as necessary
- Assists with state and federal tax filings ensuring CSD’s compliance in all payroll functions
- Serves as the backup administrator of employee benefits
- Completes special projects, as directed, and provides regular reports regarding progress
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Accounting, Communications, or related field from an accredited college or university; or equivalent professional experience.
- One year of professional experience in Human Resources or a related function.
- Two years Human Resources or Payroll experience (preferred)
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR / SHRM-CP) certification (preferred)
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) (preferred)
- Ability to communicate effectively using American Sign Language