Patient Service Coordinator – Work from Home opportunity Hours: 1:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. ET
ConsumerMedical (www.consumermedical.com) is a leading healthcare decision support and concierge company serving over 3.5 million individuals through some of the nation’s largest employers, health plans and private exchanges. As a Medical Ally, ConsumerMedical guides participants throughout their healthcare journey with compassionate, high-touch support and deep clinical expertise.
ConsumerMedical offers a fully integrated suite of solutions including Medical Decision Support, Expert Medical Opinions, Claims Advocacy and more, helping individuals and families navigate the healthcare system while reducing unnecessary elective surgeries and driving patients to the highest quality providers. The result is better care for patients, more empowered healthcare decisions for employees and their families, and a better bottom line for business. The company is headquartered outside Boston in Pembroke, MA.
We are currently hiring a Patient Service Coordinator who will be the first point of contact for our participants. We are looking for someone who understands basic clinical terminology, has worked in a customer service environment, enjoys speaking on the phone and has at least one year of experience working with consumers in a health-related environment. This position is a work from home opportunity.
- Communication via phone (inbound and outbound) and email within the network
- Builds effective rapport with participants and probes to ensure that all the needs of the participant(s) are identified
- Responsible for educating and promoting CM services that are available to them with a goal of increasing engagement
- Prioritizes the most important service needed (coaching, information, emotional support, web navigation)
- Works closely with the nurse team and/or other teams to determine best method to satisfy participants need(s)
- Comfortable communicating medical information to a non-medical audience
- Conducts feedback surveys with participants to evaluate satisfaction, utilization of services provided and impact of CM services
- Review confidential medical information and resolve issues
- Explains claims and EOB’s to our participants
- Contact medical provider offices and health plans to resolve discrepancies
- Follow up on issues until resolution
Desired Skills and Experience:
- College degree in a health-related field
- Excellent telephone manner and skills
- Dedicated to providing high quality, professional, customer service
- Must have at least one year of telephonic experience discussing confidential medical information to consumers
- Enthusiastic, must enjoy working independently and in a team environment
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power point)
- Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable with a face paced, evolving operation
- Must have at least three years of customer service experience
- Experience with resolving complex participant issues regarding billing, claims, benefits and general inquires
Please submit resume and cover letter for consideration.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
ConsumerMedical is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will ConsumerMedical discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.