Partner: Finance Director at Invisible Technologies
Partner: Finance Director
- Remote Worldwide
We are currently looking for this position to be filled as soon as possible. We’d like to ask you a few questions to jump-start the process and get to know you a bit. Note** – In order to be considered for this position you will need to submit your answers the questionnaire and the finance test. We are also currently receiving a lot of applications, so you may not hear from us immediately. Good luck with the hiring process and we’ll be in touch.
What is Invisible?
Invisible is a world-changing company and the Finance Associate is responsible for creating financial systems and providing sound financial advice that will allow Invisible to grow rapidly.
- Website – inv.tech
- Blog – inv.tech/blog
- Strategy Blog
- Overview / Sales Deck
- Fundraising Deck
- Recorded Demo
We Believe That…
- Consistent feedback is key – we are addicted to learning and getting better
- What one of us knows, all of us should know
- Every new mistake is a learning opportunity
Because of these beliefs, we’ve built a team where…
Distributed approaches and centralized intelligence merge. Each teammate is constantly innovating and trying something new. Every mistake is prevented by all. Every success is learned by all.
Each of us contains the sum of the knowledge, intelligence, and creativity of our entire team.
We evolve and mutate constantly like an organism, identifying successful and problematic tactics and incorporating ideas from any source.
Who We Are Looking For…
The right Finance Associate doesn’t need this job description, and won’t wake up in the morning with the thought “I am the Finance Associate at Invisible Technologies,” but with the thought: “Have we taken over the world yet?”
The right person might call me and tell me these words: I know numbers. I love them and they love me. I want to construct financial policies, procedures, controls, and build reporting systems to protect our financial assets and allow our business to scale.
I find problems, I fix them and feel very satisfied with a tremendously valuable job well done. I can pay invoices in my sleep and take joy in perfectly aligned accounts. I don’t complain when I have to do some repetitive or tedious work, but I make damn sure I work with my colleagues to get that work automated for next time. I am detail-oriented, contentious, and trustworthy. I’m a team player but don’t mind working independently. I will support Invisible’s operational strategies by maintaining financial controls and building on the financial modeling in place. I will make our team breathe a huge sigh of relief when they see an email from me stating, “Don’t worry. I’ve got this one.”
My work is flawless and I’m very proud of that fact. I want to be part of something amazing, and I’m eager to get to work. I’ll know that Invisible will be dramatically improved by my essential contribution. I will take great pride in the work we do at Invisible. I’ll know, without my efforts, the company couldn’t function and continue to grow into an unstoppable, paradigm altering force.
Skills We’re Looking For…
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or a related field.
- 3-7 years of professional experience
- Professional accounting certification, including CPA, CFA, or CMA. Or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (e.g. GAAP).
- Superior attention to details.
- Self-starter & innovator. We need someone who will see opportunities and take them, not just follow orders.
- Strong business acumen. You see the story behind the numbers and produce impactful analysis, not just accurate books.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases/SQL and financial software applications.
- Excellent mathematical, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Can articulate ideas concisely, clearly, and creatively.
The culture is imbued with romantic capitalist values. These are just a few:
- Heroism – Be insanely ambitious. You should want your boss’s job. You have a moral obligation to seek power and use it for good. The modern knight fights abstract dragons.
- Challenge – Welcome adversity, struggles, and suffering. Steel yourself for the worst. Challenge problems to a duel. Seek the widest possible stage for your talents.
- Meritocracy – Create and measure the value you create. Strive to be the best.
- Ownership – You are the CEO until told otherwise.
- Collaboration – Solving problems together benefits everyone.
- Competition – If you outperform, you will be rewarded.
- Glory – Do the great work of your life, here and now, the work that you were made for, and that you will be remembered for. Seek your aristeia moment.
- Truth – Seek the truth. Express yourself freely. Confront problems head-on. Be as transparent as possible. Don’t hide the bad and the ugly. Stand up for your opinion by engaging in debate. Change your mind when you’re wrong.
- Intensity – Work hard. Don’t waste time. The more fully you absorb yourself in your work, the more aggressively you work and the better you work.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!