Participant Services Representative at Ameritas
Participant Services Rep
- Remote USA
- FUNCTIONAL GROUP: Retirement Plans
At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We’re here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that’s rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp is seeking a Participant Services Representative to drive the business by managing day-to-day interactions with retirement plan participants. Responding in a consultative manner to various client service-related topics including but not limited to: account maintenance, contributions or rollovers into the plan, and actively challenging surrender requests to make clients aware of all available options and consequences.
What you do
- Answer all inquiries in a professional manner.
- Maintain an understanding of the requirements relating to retirement plan participants.
- Educate retirement plan participants on available distribution, rollover, and consolidation options and assist participants throughout each process.
- Assist participants in accessing their account on-line; assist in resolving retirement plan participants’ requests.
- Assist in participant education regarding on-line functionality (i.e. on-line enrolment, transfers, loans and withdrawals)
- Become a stakeholder in the future of our organization by identifying process improvement opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness of team and still maintain an exceptional level of service.
- Protect assets by adhering to all applicable regulations, policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, process requirements and established risk guidelines.
- Produce professional correspondence and demonstrates professional verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Consult with the Client Service and Admin Service teams to provide assistance as volumes dictate. * Investigate and resolve participant issues and share the results with appropriate parties. Provide written instructions to involved parties.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the retirement plan participant to protect and insure compliance with policy and procedures.
- Maintain a very global level of expertise in Retirement Plan areas (New Business, ERISA
- Plan Services, and Client Services) and remain familiar with daily processing requirements in these areas.
- Actively coordinates, joins, and/or participates in discussions. May serve on committees to improve procedures and resolve problems within teams and across the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring
- Education: College degree preferred or equivalent experience required
- Experience: Prefer a minimum of 1-2 years’ customer service experience and previous contact center experience.
- Special skills or knowledge:
- Required: Strong written and oral communication skills. Must be able to manage a number of priorities at one time while working within required deadlines. Strong customer focus with excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to assume ownership and to work both independently and within a team environment. Must have a high level of curiosity and show willingness to learn new methods, procedures.
- Preferred: Knowledge of ERISA, IRS/DOL regulations, and qualified plan administration. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Powerpoint). ASPPA exams or equivalents. Knowledge of OMNI, Relius and recordkeeping systems. Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus.
What we offer
- Our company motto is “Fulfilling Life” and we take that job seriously, with a heavy commitment to volunteering and community support, employee well-being, and providing quality products and services that help our customers create a brighter future.
- Being a mutual-based organization, the return on our investment goes back into the company, to benefit our members/customers.
- We’re committed to professional development, opportunity, inclusion and diversity. Team building and collaboration are also priorities.
- A total rewards package with all the comprehensive health and welfare benefits you’d expect, including competitive pay and incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and time off to care for yourself and others.
- Additional popular benefits, including tuition reimbursement, and student loan repayment, an incentivized well-being program, adoption assistance, paid time off for volunteering, training and career development opportunities.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!