Paralegal – Renewable Energy at Nelnet
Paralegal – Renewable Energy
job requisition id
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers, associates, and communities.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you’re part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
Nelnet finances, develops, and manages investments in clean energy solutions. By partnering with investors, developers, startups, educational institutions, residential and commercial clients, and communities to deploy renewable energy and other technological solutions, we’re planting the seeds for a cleaner, more resilient, and more inclusive future. Nelnet Renewable Energy is in the midst of expansive growth. Since the beginning of 2022, we have built out our solar development capabilities through the acquisition of a leading solar installation/construction company, invested millions in emerging CleanTech companies, and funded or committed to fund over $450 million in solar projects nationwide, and launched a new business line offering full-scope carbon neutrality to higher education institutions and allied markets. We believe our combination of reputation, experience, capital, and relationships lends itself to us becoming a formidable partner, investor, and creator within the renewable energy industry for years to come.
The paralegal will be integral to providing support to the Nelnet Renewable Energy legal team, as well as to the clients (internal and external) served by the NRE legal team. We are a close-knit team that coordinates on a daily basis to provide high-quality services to NRE’s co-investor partners, developer partners, vendor partners, clients, and the broader NRE team (including management, accounting, sales, and other facets of the business).
- Perform due diligence work on solar investment and solar development transactions, including real estate due diligence (title and survey review), insurance review, and project-level due diligence (with support from the attorneys).
- Build relationships with outside counsel, internal and external clients, and the broader Nelnet Renewable Energy team, as the legal team provides critical support to the entire business.
- Coordinate creation of new entities and updates to entity org chart.
- Create closing binders and checklists for transactions.
- Help create and maintain system for organizing and retaining records relevant to business and ongoing transactions.
- Help to shape the legal team’s processes, procedures, and objectives.
- Provide administrative support for NRE legal team.
Pay Range for this position is – $65k-$80k
- Bachelors Degree and accredited paralegal certification. Real estate or renewable energy experience preferred.
- This position requires 3-5 years of experience as a corporate paralegal. Candidates must demonstrate capacity for, and excellence in, organizational skills, due diligence, project and task management, and a passion for clean energy development and deployment.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication – verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Excellent listening skills to define needs and offer solutions
- Strong work ethic, values, and integrity
- Loves continuous learning and learning on the job
- Energy, Drive, and Motivation: Embraces challenges enthusiastically, then executes in a competent, timely manner. Willingness to expand role and find ways to support members of the renewable energy team.
- Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or email@example.com.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more