Paralegal, Law and Regulation at Allstate
Paralegal, Law and Regulation (Remote)
Location: Remote, US
Company: Allstate Insurance Company
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Provides paralegal support for specific practice area, under general attorney supervision. Drafts standard documentation, distributes for review, and obtains necessary approvals and signatures. Conducts, summarizes, and analyzes basic research. Summarizes and monitors relevant issues. Manages intake of new matters, as well as the data in case management system, and gathers matter related documents for the attorney to analyze.
- Conduct, summarize, and analyze basic research, including gathering facts, researching and analyzing applicable laws, regulations, and case laws, etc., as cessary
- Assist with the identification and summarizing of relevant issues; continually monitor issues and update attorney, as appropriate
- Review new and proposed legislation and determine applicability
- Gather matter related documents for the attorney to analyze
- Manage intake of new matters; enter new matter data and upload new documents
- Review and explain various aspects of forms to in-house clients
- Consult with outside counsel, as needed
- Oversee project management, coordination, and collaboration with L&R and business clients, as needed
- Manage data (execute, file, track, and retain) documents in matter management system
- Prepare and follow through on filings with regulatory agencies (including required follow-up issues, requests, etc.)
- Coordinate with various functions within the company to respond to regulatory inquiries, licensing requests, law department referrals, and business transactions
- Assist with management of litigation, as needed
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field; American Bar Association (ABA) approved Paralegal Certificate
- Insurance-industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of legal holds and discovery processes
- Analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to identify, prioritize and solve problems effectively regarding basic matters
- Ability to work in diverse, multi-office, and long distance environments
- Basic project management skills and experience interacting with law firm/vendors
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Basic researching, proofreading, and formatting skills
- Ability to collaborate and interact with all levels of personnel and build strong relationships with business colleagues
- High degree of ethics and integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills, advanced written and oral communication and effective customer service skills
- Ability to identify inconsistencies in routine work and initiate corrective action within own workflow
- Able to deliver results with a sense of urgency
- Adapts well to change; able to multi-task and make effective decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Is a proactive self-starter who is able to manage his/her time effectively and can work independently
***Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
The minimum starting salary range for the position starts at $47, 400 to a maximum of $85, 000 (commensurate with experience)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!