Paralegal I at TrueAccord
TrueAccord is a category-defining company. We combine machine learning with a human-based approach to transform debt resolution and to get people on the path towards financial health. Every year, more than 70 million Americans have negative experiences dealing with debt. We are changing this by providing personalized digital experiences that guide lenders and consumers through this challenging financial process.
With a world-class leadership team, passionate team members, and proprietary predictive models trained on years worth of transactional data, TrueAccord is well-positioned to deliver on a huge opportunity: helping millions of consumers to regain and keep their financial footing while lowering the cost of doing business for creditors across many industries.
The Paralegal I supports the in-house legal team and focuses primarily on assisting with litigation, maintaining the company’s contracts management system, conducting legal research, maintaining the company’s licenses, responding to regulatory complaints, and handling legal communications.
What You’ll Do:
- Handle incoming litigation and demand letters; investigate the facts surrounding the allegations to determine the next steps, communicate with opposing counsel and outside counsel, draft complaint responses, motions, and settlement agreements.
- Maintain the contracts management system under the supervision of manager; track events (renewals, terminations, deliverable dates) including Business Associates Agreement contracts.
- Research and analyze industry-specific law sources such as statutes, legal articles, treaties, and legal codes both on a national and international scale.
- Liaison for both client and consumer-facing employees who have legal questions.
- Assist with vendor management tasks, including gathering and organizing the answers to annual vendor audits, remediation tasks, and following remediation through to completion which could include off-boarding a non-compliant vendor.
- Legal routing of subpoenas and other legal correspondence.
- Assist with drafting responses to regulatory complaints, including CFPB complaints, state regulatory complaints, state attorney general complaints, and BBB complaints.
- Assist with debt collection licensing.
- Perform other administrative duties, as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Mission oriented; a desire to make a difference in the lives of Americans who are struggling financially.
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality of work product; the ability to think critically and take initiative.
- Debt collection or call center and/or company experience;
- Notary Public Commission (or willingness to obtain one);
- Proficiency with Mac computer systems and Google Suite applications (G Suite);
- Paralegal certificate preferred, or working toward one
Benefits, Perks, and Culture
– Everything you need to work remotely
– Work with talented and motivated people in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment
– Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k (with match), flex spending plan, and life insurance
– Family-friendly policies – parental leave, flexible work from home
– Unlimited PTO
– Transportation benefits
TrueAccord is a distributed company with a major presence in the San Francisco Bay Area and Lenexa, KS. We offer a healthy work environment that continuously builds an inclusive and diverse culture where everyone is able to develop the best version of themselves. We are a dynamic group of people who are subject matter experts with a passion for change. Our teams are crafting solutions to big problems every day. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do impactful work, join TrueAccord and make a difference.
Our Dedication to Diversity & Inclusion
TrueAccord is an equal opportunity employer. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse & inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this makes us stronger every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.