Paralegal at Homebound Inc.
Location: United States
Homebound is on a mission to make it possible for anyone, anywhere, to build a home using technology. Created by an experienced team of construction, real estate, design, and technology experts, Homebound is transforming the residential construction industry by improving the costly and inefficient process of building a home.
We’ve created an entirely new way to build homes with technology powering every stage from start to finish to provide a seamless experience for our customers. Homeowners across the country can choose where they want to live, select a home plan that’s perfect for them, then personalize and buy it, all online. Homebound has raised $150M in capital from leading venture capitalists like Google, Khosla, Thrive Ventures, and we’re scaling quickly in places like California, Austin, Dallas, Houston and Denver. Come build your future with us.
Our Legal team is growing! We are looking for a nimble and tech-savvy Paralegal to support our rapidly growing business. In this new role, you will play a key role in building and scaling a world-class legal function. You will collaborate and coordinate with cross functional business partners to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Legal team. You will also be the primary point of contact for our legal service providers and ensure that we are building and strengthening these critical relationships. You will ultimately be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Legal team and report to our VP of Legal.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain Homebound’s legal intranet and corporate records, including minute books, corporate filings, business licenses, signature authority, and other corporate entity needs
- Assist in the administration of Homebound’s insurance and risk mitigation programs, including the maintenance and renewal of insurance policies
- Support and manage due diligence, execution, and closing in a variety of corporate transactions including real estate transactions, corporate financings, M&A, and strategic partnerships
- Draft, prepare, administer, and templatize legal documents, including NDAs, purchase agreements, sales agreements, and any other documents related to real estate transactions
- Administer Homebound’s legal software solutions and processes, including outside counsel billing process, risk management reporting, contract management, and project management
- Lead or support additional projects as needed, potentially including the ongoing ownership of longer term programs
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years as a paralegal, legal operations professional, or legal project manager, preferably in an in-house legal department
- Willingness and ability to roll up your sleeves and jump right in to support the team
- Effective organizational skills and ability to juggle many competing priorities
- A team player that is detail-oriented and business-friendly with an ability to accommodate tight deadlines in an evolving and fast-paced environment
- Understanding of contract basics and a desire and willingness to learn
- Experience in real estate and construction is a plus
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please review our CCPA policies here.