Paralegal at Rimini Street
Job Location: US-Remote
Job ID: 2022-10415
Rimini Street, Inc., is a fast-growing global leader delivering independent, third-party enterprise software support services that enable licensees of Oracle, SAP, IBM, Microsoft, Salesforce, and other cloud and locally-hosted enterprise software to extract more value from their investments, advance innovation, and create competitive advantage and growth.
Our mission is to provide extraordinary technology solutions powered by extraordinary people that achieve each client’s strategic, operational, and financial goals. Our people have earned Rimini Street multiple industry awards for exceptional work quality and customer service, and we are proud to be recognized around the world as a best place to work and for our corporate social responsibility program.
We are a global organization with more than 1,800 team members in 23 countries. We are a global community guided by our purpose to provide equal opportunity for all as well as our core values: company, clients, colleagues, and community. We are committed to creating a culture that nurtures and rewards a growth mindset and an environment where our people are encouraged to dream big and boldly shape the industry.
We are actively seeking a Paralegal. This is a remote position that can be based anywhere in the US.
The Paralegal will assist the Legal department’s team of in-house counsel by managing and assisting with a wide variety of legal-related activities.
This position will be primarily responsible for facilitating and conducting legal issue review of all English-language external content (Marketing, Public Relations, Comms and Sales Training) worldwide, coordinating with and assist international theatre lead counsel for such review of all non-English content worldwide, and leading tracking/reporting of such legal efforts for relevant stakeholders. The position will involve providing valuable redlines and feedback on content, performing legal research, as well as preparing legal documents and correspondence. The successful candidate will also provide in-house counsel support for content review, and litigation and competition matters, including tracking and monitoring project status, routing legal documents or information to relevant internal and external stakeholders, and coordinating with members of the Legal Department and other Departments.
The successful candidate will be hands-on, detail-oriented, well-organized, and possess a very strong work ethic.
The Paralegal will possess an enhanced level of experience and knowledge of legal activities from within Rimini Street or externally. The position will perform legal assignments with a high degree of autonomy.
This position will formally report to the Director & Managing Counsel, US.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with team of in-house counsel in a variety of activities related to Marketing and Sales Enablement collateral, as well as various litigation and competition projects.
- Prepare redlines of marketing and legal documents, notices, & correspondence.
- Monitor templates assigned to the region or practice.
- Provide feedback on legal document composition.
- Conduct legal research independently and as assigned using Lexis Nexis and other resources.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable laws and maintain changes accordingly within internal filings and systems.
- Manage outside counsel in preparing local filings in accordance with applicable law.
- Collaborate with business units to create appropriate documentation.
- Compile and summarize data into presentations for management.
- Route and track contracts, legal documents and info to internal and external stakeholders.
- 1-3 years as a Paralegal in a law firm or corporate environment (mix preferred), or equivalent.
- Preference for experience with marketing/advertising law.
Skills & Desired Attributes
- Able to perform essential responsibilities and duties of the position, as described above and as modified from time to time based on evolving needs.
- Exceptional written & verbal communications skills.
- Excellent judgment and sound decision-making.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Perform legal activities with a high degree of integrity and responsibility.
- Exercise discretion dealing with sensitive matters.
- Interact professionally and effectively with all levels of personnel internally and externally, including senior executives.
- Work independently and collaboratively in a team.
- Manage multiple priorities with a can do attitude and collegial, collaborative tone.
- Proactive, organized, self-disciplined work ethic, with ability to reprioritize in real time when faced with competing demands.
- Able to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Outgoing and confident personality, friendly demeanor, positive attitude, and great sense of humor.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Paralegal experience preferred.