Over-The-Counter Senior Accountant at Kraken
Over The Counter Senior Accountant
- REMOTE /
- ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE /
- REMOTE FULL-TIME
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
- Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion.
- Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever.
- Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets.
- We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
- In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world.
- We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge.
- We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1600 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
What you’ll do:
- Key contributor of our Over-the-counter (OTC) Accounting Team where you’ll develop a high-level understanding of the OTC trading team’s avenues of revenue growth, as well as client and exchange settlements
- Primary focus and responsibility will be daily reconciliation of OTC trades against blockchain settlements across multiple regions to ensure revenue generation is accurate according to the U.S. GAAP
- Partner with the trading team as well as platform accounting team to structure accounting reporting for new trading strategies
- Work closely with OTC developers and other platforms within the company to deliver process improvements in line with our strategic scope
- Assist in month-end close process including analysis, journal entry creation and B/S account reconciliations
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of accounting experience within a related role in high-growth companies or OTC accounting experience and comfortable working on a fast-paced team with changing priorities
- Reliable and extremely detail oriented
- Independent/flexible problem-solver with the ability to adapt as the business grows
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to interact with OTC traders
- Tech savvy and eagerness to learn new technology and practices
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Extremely strong working knowledge of Excel and GSuite products
- Knowledge and experience with an ERP system such as SAP, Oracle or Netsuite.
- Experience in the financial services industry is a plus
- CPA or master’s degree preferred
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!