Outpatient Facility Coder (ED, OBS, SDS) – (Full-Time)
Job Locations: US-Virtual/Remote
Job ID: 2019-1574
# of Openings: 4
Category: Medical Coding
Minimum Hours: 40
Remote FT Outpatient Facility Medical Coding Specialist
Aviacode is growing and has exciting new full-time remote coding opportunities! Are you a credentialed professional coding specialist looking for a new stable work environment? We are recruiting now for OP/IP facility coders working full time 40 hours per week, employee (W-2) status with benefits. Aviacode is nationally recognized as one of the top medical coding companies in KLAS and Black Book Market Research surveys. Whether you are wanting more work-life balance or just wanting to fall in love with your job again, connect with us today to learn more about our inspiring career opportunities.
This position will be responsible for medical coding for one of our larger facility clients. Coder will be responsible for reviewing charts, coding appropriate charges and ensuring high quality standards are achieved. Coders required to have three to five years years outpatient experience in a facility setting with 95% or higher quality reviews consistently coding: Same Day Surgery, Observations and Emergency Department. Consistently work a set schedule Monday though Friday, 40 hours per week.
- CCS, RHIA, or RHIT required
- Minimum three to five years years outpatient coding experience in facility setting
- Maintain standard industry productivity rates of Same Day Surgery (6 charts/hour) and Observations (3 charts/hour) and Emergency (12 charts/hour)
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high quality standards of 95% or greater
- Proficient in utilizing technology (computer, VPN, MS Office, coding software) to perform responsibilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have ICD-10 coding experience
- Experience with trauma and highly complex cases, coding and/or charge verification or drug administration preferred
Must pass candidate assessment test with a minimum score of 85%. This position is a full-time virtual/work from home position.
Aviacode provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aviacode complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Aviacode expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on protected classes. Improper interference with the ability of Aviacode’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.