OUTPATIENT CODER ED/ANCILLARY AND PROFEE
(REMOTE ANYWHERE IN THE US)
Nottingham, Maryland, United States
Job ID: 00033609413
Cognizant Technology Solutions is seeking an ICD-10 Coding Consultant-Outpatient to work for one or more of the clients remotely.
- Review documentation to code diagnosis and procedures (to include Profee and Emergency Department, Ancillary with E/M and I/I)
- Communicate with physicians to obtain or clarify diagnosis and/or procedures via the query process
- Assign accurate codes utilizing an electronic encoder application in accordance with practice policy and regulatory guidelines
- Perform Peer Reviews of Company Health Information Management coding auditors and coders
- Complete reports as requested
- Maintain minimum accuracy rate of 98% while meeting internal productivity standards set by company
Maintain productivity expectations:
ICD10 Coding Productivity Standards*
- Coding – Emergency Department (excluding E/M facility coding)
- 96-120 encounters/day
- Coding – Emergency Department (including E/M facility coding)
- 64-92 encounters/day
- Coding – Ancillary testing
- 160-240 encounters/day
- Coding – Ambulatory/Outpatient/Interventional
- 32-48 encounters/day
- Coding – Inpatient
- 24 encounters/day
- CCS, RHIT or RHIA (AHIMA) or CPC, COC (AAPC)
- Minimum of two years of facility based outpatient experience
- Knowledge of Federal, state and payer regulations
- Capable of interpreting medical records reports and chart entries
- Able to work independently and as a team member
- Capable of applying judgment and decision making
- Base office skills (Word, Excel)
- Pass coding assessment with a score of 80% or greater
- Basic background with computers with ability to be in multiple systems at 1 time
- Self-motivated with ability to work autonomously and in a team in a fast paced environment
- Interacting with manager/team members on scheduled time off and breaks and new procedures and policies as provided by the client is essential.
- Well organized and able to handle multipole projects as needed.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Employee Status: Full Time Employee
Shift: Day Job
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.