Outpatient Coder at Atos
Title: Outpatient Coder
Location: United States
- This position is eligible for you to Work 100% from Home/REMOTE within the USA
- Atos is hiring for a Hospital SDS & OBS Coder (2-3+ years’ experience) who will assign codes to medical diagnoses and procedures using appropriate coding classifications for assigned areas/record types.
- Reviews medical records to determine all appropriate diagnostic and procedural code assignments using the appropriate classifications systems.
- Communicates with department manager/supervisor on coding, compliance and documentation issues.
- Seeks clarification from healthcare providers or other designated resources to ensure accurate and complete coding.
- Enhances coding knowledge and skills with continuing education activities and by reviewing pertinent literature.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- 2-3+ years of Hospital SDS & OBS experience
- Minimum of 1 Coding Certification from AHIMA or AAPC; RHIA, RHIT, CPC, CCS
- 3+ years of OUTPATIENT Coder experience
- EHR/3M or other encoder experience (helpful but not necessary)
- Audited regularly with expected 95% or better
- Candidates will be required to complete a coding assessment
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!