Oracle Database Administrator – Leader at PlacingIT
Oracle DBA/Leader – 1193 (REMOTE)
Client Location: Remote
Position Type: Direct Hire (Perm or w2,1099, c2c)
Residency Requirements: US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
We are looking for a seasoned Oracle Database Administrator with experience in the development and application-facing aspects of database administration (writing PL/SQL code, query tuning, data modeling). Experience in developing for large-scale production Oracle databases using public cloud infrastructure and services (AWS, Azure or GCP) is a big advantage.
Roles and responsibilities
- Perform engineering, query, tuning, data modeling, schema design, architecture and configuration of mission critical Oracle databases.
- Plan and implement large-scale Oracle migrations from on-premises to AWS and GCP.
- Assist in modernizing existing application database backend to be fully cloud-native.
- Work on Oracle versions 11g/12c, Golden Gate, DataGuard, RAC
- Write complex PL/SQL stored procedures, functions and packages.
- Monitor and optimize database performance using index tuning, disk optimization, and other methods.
- Implement, configure, and troubleshoot database replication.
- Work closely with other technology counterparts inside and outside the organization including storage, network for a comprehensive solution to build a scalable DB infrastructure.
- Three years’ experience as a development focused Oracle DBA working with application teams.
- Current experience with schema design and modeling.
- At least three years’ experience as a development focused Oracle DBA working with application teams.
- Experience in Linux including troubleshooting commands, sh/awk/perl.
- Complete and detailed understanding of Oracle database architecture and performance tuning principals
- Experience with data replication technologies such as GoldenGate, Oracle Streams, DataGuard is a big advantage.
- Experience with data movement using EXPDP, IMPDP, DB backup using RMAN.
- Performance troubleshooting, monitoring and tuning skills including reviewing and analyzing AWR reports and query execution plans.
- Experience with schema design and modeling.
- High level of confidence to perform DB switch overs, failovers, recovery
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!