Operations Support Specialist at Marathon Health
Title: Operations Support Specialist
- Location: United States
- Classifications: Remote
Marathon Health people are more than just employees—they are ambassadors. Join our mission to change healthcare! We are hiring an Operations Support Specialist to implement and administer Collaborating Physician Agreements for internal and external Collaborating Physicians and Advanced Providers. This position will also fulfill and maintain patient medical records and requests.
This position is 30 hours per week and home based remote. No travel is required.
In addition to a great team and work environment, this position offers competitive pay and full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vision, 401k, paid time off and holidays and resources to support your ongoing growth and development.
About Marathon Health
Marathon Health is one of the nation’s leading providers of employer-based health services. We serve businesses throughout the United States, providing a different kind of healthcare program that focuses on total population health management and health risk reduction.
Marathon Health promotes a culture of health and wellness in everything we do. It is for this reason we seek to hire individuals who embrace wellness and model healthy behaviors in their own lives. We are proud to be a drug and tobacco free company. We value the richness diversity brings to our workforce and are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and provider (EOE).
Implementation and Administration of Collaborating Physician Agreements to include:
- Hiring or assigning an internal Collaborating Physician for all Advanced Providers (ambassadors and agency providers)
- Ensuring timely completion and submission of appropriate CPA documentation to state boards for new and revised agreements
- Tracking and maintaining of agreements with state boards to ensure ongoing compliance with all internal and state board regulations
- Auditing of Collaborating Physician chats for completion and trends
- Serves as a resource for all Collaborating Physicians to communicate EMR updates, training requirements, etc.
Medical Records responsibilities to include:
- Read and interpret medical records, forms, and authorizations
- Process and release all patient medical records requested by a third part or by clinic in accordance with HIPAA
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all medical records
- Keep parties informed by communicating availability or unavailability of the record
- Maintain continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Maintain quality and accurate documentation of requests made for auditing and compliance purposes
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree required
- Experience working with confidential information and/or in a highly regulated environment required
- Experience working in a healthcare environment required
- 2+ years’ experience working in an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system required
- Experience working with outside agencies/vendors preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Understand medical terminology and HIPAA regulations and laws
- General understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, BCBS, and other commercial insurance plans
- Ability to take initiative, problem-solve, and think on your feet
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize skills
- Attention to detail with limited supervision necessary
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!