Job Location: US-Remote Work From Home
Department: OPS Operations
# of Openings: 1
Type: Regular Full-Time
Ovation Corporate Travel is an independently owned, $1.1 billion travel management company with experienced travel consultant teams in more than 50 locations throughout the United States. Ovation is proud to provide global travel management through our affiliation with BCD Travel, the third largest travel management firm in the world. Our network operates in 110 countries ensuring in-country service excellence for multinational corporate clients. Ovation’s mission is to provide outstanding service, significant cost savings and comprehensive, convenient travel solutions to professional travel managers, administrators and business travelers. Since 1984, Ovation has provided seamless, cost-effective travel programs to professional organizations in such industries as finance, law, entertainment, consulting, and other professional organizations. According to Business Travel News, Ovation is the fifth largest TMC in the country and has helped more than 700 of the world’s leading companies successfully manage rising travel costs.
The Operations Supervisor will be responsible for the tactical operations, service delivery, staff development and oversight, training and implementation of standard operating procedures including best practices for one of our most prestigous law firm clients. The hours for this position will be either 10:00 – 7:00 or 11:00 – 8:00ET.
This is a virtual, remote work from home position.
- Maintain working environment conducive to teamwork:
- Create an environment that provides daily learning experiences to enhance personal and professional development of all on-site travel consultants.
- Back up reservations on an as needed basis.
- Provide management with data as it relates to travel consultant productivity and performance.
- Participate in the hire/selection process of new travel consultants
- Ensure the successful orientation of new travel consultants.
- Monitor effective workflow at both virtual and office locations
- Work with travel consultants to set mutually beneficial goals to achieve maximum productivity and efficiencies.
- Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision.
- Organizing workflow and ensuring that consultants understand their duties or delegated tasks.
- Monitoring consultant productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching.
- Provide support and resources to assist travel consultants.
- Monitor call flow to ensure SLA levels are being met.
- Monitor emails in Emailtopia tool and ensure SLA is being met.
- Ensure quality processes and tools are incorporated into all daily activities.
- Act consistently as role model, projecting a positive and professional demeanor.
- Ensure effective communication of preferred supplier usage.
- Identify vendor opportunities and communicate their possible development to Management.
- Understand and administer the specifics of all client contracts.
- Resolve and report all client complaints to Management.
- Establish schedules for staff and procedures for back-up agents.
- Manage customer service issues to resolution including correspondence with vendors and/or travelers.
- Interface with Human Resources to resolve problems as they may arise
- Identity team or individual training needs as necessary
- Interface with Manager and Client Solutions team members.
- Establish recurring meetings with staff to ensure consistency and continuity.
- Oversee mid-office routines and ensure proper adherence.
- Oversee all scripting duties to achieve point of sale workflow efficiencies.
- Liaise with accounting for any ARC related matters.
- Must demonstrate thorough knowledge of travel industry rules including strong Sabre proficiency.
- Should have several years of previous experience as a corporate travel consultant.
- At least 3 years recent experience as a supervisor.
- Detailed knowledge of the workings of a travel office and the ability to lead and motivate subordinates.
- Need to be flexible and able to multi-task.
- Possess analytical skills
- Able to work in highly demanding environment