Operations Research – Data Scientist at Fractal Analytics
Operations Research – Data Scientist (Remote)
Fractal Analytics is a strategic AI partner to Fortune 500 companies with a vision to power every human decision in the enterprise. Fractal is building a world where individual choices, freedom, and diversity are the greatest assets. An ecosystem where human imagination is at the heart of every decision. Where no possibility is written off, only challenged to get better. We believe that a true Fractalite is the one who empowers imagination with intelligence.
Operations Research – Data Scientist
If you are an Operations Research practitioner and who loves to push the boundaries to solve complex technology problems using creative solutions, then we wish to talk with you. As a Data Scientist, you will be part of Fractal’s AIML Centre of Excellence working with a team of data scientists & consultants to design, architect, build, test & operationalize projects. The role will be responsible for innovating, building and maintaining high standards of delivery for our Fortune 500 clients
Role & Responsibilities:
- Python/SQL programming to create, update, and measure analytical capabilities that support the movement of inventory for Gap Inc.
- Use of methods from Operations Research, Machine Learning, and Statistics on a day-to-day basis (Multiple Integer Linear Programming, Optimization Algorithms)
- Areas of focus include forecasting product demand, store clustering, price optimization, assortment optimization, inventory optimization
- Data Analysis: Compile and analyze data from different sources to check completeness and filtering criteria as needed for data science initiatives
- Data Cleansing: Develop/Edit SQL and Python scripts to pull and clean datasets
Qualifications & Experience:
- Operations/supply chain domain experience handling large scale data optimization problems
- Proven achievements resulting from data analysis
- Experience with languages used for querying (e.g. SQL/Hive), and statistical analysis (e.g. SAS/R/Matlab/python
- Some experience with measurement a plus, such as A/B testing or back-testing
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Ability to leverage experience to scale and validate models
- Experience working with business partners to validate the output of analytical models
- Must Have: Operations Research, Supply Chain, Optimization Techniques
- Good to Have: Azure, Databricks, Retail
- Degree in operations research, industrial engineering, computer science, applied math, physics, economics, or other quantitative science (graduate degree a plus)
Fractal Analytics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!