Operations Hacker at Avra Talent
Location: US locations only; 100% Remote
Comp range: $75,000-90,000 FTE
“The hacker culture is a subculture of individuals who enjoy the intellectual challenge of creatively overcoming limitations of software systems to achieve novel and clever outcomes” — (Wikipedia). We are looking for an Operations Hacker to find creative solutions to overcome the challenges we face as an organization driven by a people-powered product.
Powered by a community of the best Talent Professionals in the world, Avra (www.avaratalent.com) helps remote-friendly companies scale their recruiting function on-demand. We are on a mission to help connect great people with good work, regardless of geography.
Why this role exists
Reporting to the CEO, the Operations Hacker will act as the right-hand and day-to-day owner of critical operations functions, freeing up the CEO to focus on product and vision. This is a mission-critical role with lots of responsibility and room for growth.
- 5+ years progressive product, project management, or operations experience
- 3+ years experience working with technology startups
- Technical or product background a plus
- Data-driven: You will align individual contributors and teams around a single view of the business through shared revenue targets
- Ability to align stakeholders: You will develop metrics that align individual contributors and teams around our shared goals, then coordinate compensation/promotions/recognition with these metrics
- Process-orientated: You will create and monitor the revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth
- Ability to switch between big-picture and boots-on-the-ground: You understand the big picture and what needs to be done to achieve it while also being able to dive into the nitty-gritty to get sh** done.
- You are intelligent. Whether you graduated from an Ivy-league school or dropped out at 16, we believe intelligence isn’t tied to an education level or IQ test but instead something that can be developed with diligence.
- You are well-respected. This doesn’t always mean well-liked, but instead, it means those around you, whether friends, neighbors, or colleagues respect you and think of you as someone with character.
- You thrive in a remote work environment. Fully remote work is not for everyone; it requires the ability to quickly pick up online tools, familiarity with our tech stack (G-Drive, Slack, Notion, Airtable, and a variety of modern ATS’), and the ability to communicate (and often over-communicate) well in writing.
- You are highly reliable with a GSD mindset. You say what you mean and do what you say. You are consistent and take ownership in situations, large or small. Regardless of external circumstances, you get the job done.
- You love learning new things. Whether you learn best through reading, listening, doing, or exploring, you’re perpetually curious about the world around you and always trying to level up your personal and professional life through self-directed learning.
In the first 90-days on the job, you will:
- Interview and observe the work done by all employees and contractors, then document each role’s duties and responsibilities in Notion
- Holistically review and audit how the organization and its people work, looking for overlaps or inefficiencies, with the goal of creating documentation and processes that would allow for a smooth transition between responsible parties if one was abducted by aliens
- Set and manage performance monitoring metrics (like OKRs) and roll these metrics out company-wide with the goal that everyone has ‘a number’
- Create a dashboard of key performance and business metrics as well as build the process that ensures they are as up-to-date and accurate as possible
In the first year, you will:
- Put in place the systems and processes to scale up the company and our capacity over the next 12-months
- Drive a “lean startup” culture of constant experimentation and learning.
- Increase operational rigor and help fill management gaps by building and training individuals in operational excellence.
- Constantly keep an eye out for ways to improve our operations through automation, innovation, or delegation
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!