ONLINE Professor of Print Media & Publications (REMOTE)
North Augusta, SC
Reports To: Dean, School of Creative Expression, Missional University
Approved By: President of the Missional University
Notice to Applicants: Please attach a letter of inquiry, curriculum vitae, and three references
In your letter of inquiry, please explain your Christian faith commitment and international / missions experience. Thank you!
The School of Creative Expression at Missional University invites applications for an online faculty position teaching courses in Print Media & Publications. Applicants must have an MFA in Graphic Design with a focus on print media, a minimum of 5 years of experience teaching in higher education, an online portfolio, and preferably, international field experiences. A Ph.D. in Media Communications or related field with significant personal experience in printmaking and publications is preferred. Applicants may teach online from anywhere on the globe and do not have to have US residency, but must be fluent in English and have a stable internet connection.
Since the Missional University is dedicated to training grassroots missional leaders in the evangelical tradition, administrative staff and faculty members must commit to both our faith and ethos statements. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Women, majority world scholars, ethnic minorities, and recent doctoral graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities and Duties
Applicants must have practical Christian missions experience within their own country or beyond. Applicants must have a strong orientation to relating print media & publication studies to the missio Dei [mission of God] in scripture and practice.
Teaching responsibilities include the development and delivery of eLearning courses to equip Christian believers to use print media & publication studies in their work in mission agencies, denominational agencies, churches and other faith-based and non-profit organizations. The successful applicant will function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) working with an instructional technologist to design, develop and deploy his or her own courses.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum requirement of an MFA in Studio Art, Printmaking or Graphic Design
- Preferably, a Doctoral degree in Media & Communications or a related field (Ph.D.) from an accredited university
- Demonstrated competence in a range of printmaking processes such as etching, intaglio, lithography, screen, relief, and digital printing
- Active exhibition record, a sustained creative research practice in printmaking
- Knowledge of non-toxic and sustainable materials and processes
- Some theological education is preferred
- Teaching experience, preferably online
- A vibrant Christian testimony
- Practical missions experience in his/her own country of origin or beyond
- Agreement with the faith and ethos statements of the Missional University
- Passionate about the mission, vision and core values of the Missional University