Part Time Online Visiting Professors – Doctor of Nursing Practice Program
Location: US-Virtual | US-LA-New Orleans
Job ID: 2018-98693
Institution: Chamberlain College of Nursing
Employment Type: Temporary Part-Time
FLSA Status: U.S. – Exempt
Opportunity at a Glance
Do you remember the professor who encouraged you to believe in yourself and in your ability to be the successful nurse professional you are today? Now you have a unique opportunity to be that professor, to create the “a-ha” moment of sudden insight and comprehension that will change a nursing student’s life forever.
Chamberlain College of Nursing is seeking Part Time Online Visiting Professors interested in teaching students in our Doctorate of Nurse Practice program. We build long-term relationships with superior nurse educators who are experts in their field and committed to providing the finest in practitioner-focused education.
This is 100% ONLINE teaching, an incredibly flexible and convenient way to share your experience and knowledge with those who aspire to enjoy the career success you already have. We are currently seeking candidates for the July 2019 session which will run from July 8th through August 31st .
We care for our students and are dedicated to their success. To ensure we are offering the highest quality education we provide thorough training to all new faculty members through our New Faculty Orientation.
The specific courses under consideration for the July 2019 session are:
NR701: Application of Analytic Methods
The focus of this course is on concepts and application of original research to practice, evaluation of clinical practice guidelines (CPGs) and examination of existing research for scientific merit.
NR702: DNP Project & Practicum I
The focus of this course is on broad issues for DNP-prepared nurses practicing across healthcare systems to advance nursing practice. Students identify a nursing practice problem and link the problem and plan for evidence-based practice change using advanced nursing judgment in the practicum setting
NR704: Concepts in Population Health Outcomes
The focus of this course is on analysis and synthesis of clinical preventive best practice for populations and aggregates with an emphasis on primary, secondary and tertiary preventive best practice.
NR705: DNP Project & Practicum II
The focus of this course is on preparing for evidence-based practice change using advanced nursing judgment in the practicum setting.
NR707: DNP Project & Practicum III
The focus of this course is on implementation of evidence-based practice change using advanced nursing judgment in the practicum setting.
NR709: DNP Project & Practicum IV
The focus of this course is on evaluation of evidence-based practice change using advanced nursing judgment in the practicum setting.
NR714 – Application of Analytic Methods II
The focus of this course is on comprehensive systematic review of evidence, including economic appraisal, statistical analysis, and outcome measurement and evaluation.
If you are passionate about nursing and advancing your career through the power of education, we want to talk with you today.
We invite you to read our FAQ’s about teaching for Chamberlain online.
In this role you will:
- Inspire students to complete their programs by providing regular, meaningful feedback about their academic performance, development and participation while encouraging them to engage fully in their education
- Engage students in meaningful asynchronous threaded discussions at least 4 days per week, moderating participation, evaluating responses and rationales, and responding to questions or comments
- Evaluate academic progress and comprehension of course content through assigning and grading quizzes, exams and writing assignments
- Exhibit Chamberlain Care™ by displaying behaviors of care, respect and professionalism, creating a culture that fosters collaboration, cooperation and respect among all
- Be readily available to meet the needs of a student body that is diverse in age, culture and academic preparation
- Identify and embrace opportunities to enhance student engagement by reaching out to students in need and responding quickly to requests for help
- Bring your professional experience to life through professional development, introducing industry perspective into courses and sharing information about nursing trends and opportunities with students
- Promote student success by demonstrating flexibility in style, schedule, and exhibiting your passion for teaching by devoting time and energy to improve scholarly excellence and subject matter expertise
- Foster a positive learning environment by maintaining accurate records, submitting grades on time, and enforcing academic policies
- Use appropriate technological options for online technologies and course-related software, including Websites, e-mail, and online discussions for preparing the course and making it accessible to students.
- Model effective oral and written communications that engage the students, provide clarity, and improve student learning.
- Set clear expectations for the course by publishing course terminal objectives, assignment/examinations dates, and weight the distribution of various evaluation categories.
- Ensure that the content and level of material included on exams correspond to the course terminal objectives.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
You are encouraged to explore this opportunity if you meet these requirements:
- MSN and DNP or PHD in nursing degree required.
- Must have an active nursing license.
- 2+ years graduate level teaching experience required; online teaching experience highly preferred.
- Graduate level project and practicum experience a must.
- Must have required subject matter expertise in the course of instruction.
- Must have excellent communication, motivational, and instructional skills in a diverse and non-traditional environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today!
Who We Are
Chamberlain University is a rapidly-expanding university rich with opportunities for growth and offering competitive wages and benefits. If you enjoy being a part of an exciting team and working in a collaborative, dynamic environment, then Chamberlain University might be right for you.
Through Chamberlain Care®, we believe in taking care of those who take care of others. We offer a wide range of benefits that are intended to meet the diverse needs of our colleagues. Whether it’s advancing your career, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefit offerings can help you reach your goals.
As an educational organization, we also support and encourage colleagues to further their educations by offering tuition assistance and seminars through our Leadership Development Center.
If you are ready to join an institution like ours, we welcome you to apply.
If you are an Alumnus of any of our institutions, please log in to our Alumnus page to apply for opportunities.
If you are a current colleague of any of our institutions, please log in to the The Commons to apply for internal opportunities. Please note that only current colleagues will be able to log in using this link.