Location: Remote / Flexible
Job Code: 214-19CHP
# of Openings: 1
Job Title: Chapter Online Organizer
Department: Pennsylvania Chapter
Reports To: Deputy Chapter Director, PA Chapter
Context: Collaborates with Chapter staff and volunteer leaders to achieve the Chapter’s political, conservation, and organizational goals through the development, coordination, and implementation of various digital and online tactics. Uses online data, web, mobile, and email systems to drive the strategy and further advance the goals of the Chapter, 100% clean energy, and equity for all communities in Pennsylvania.
Scope: The Online Organizer plans, strategizes and implements the online education and mobilization efforts of the Pennsylvania Chapter. Utilizes Chapter database systems to assess results, build data files, and target online organizing strategies. Coordinates editing, writing, researching and developing online web pages, mobile strategies, and action alerts to support the Chapter. Provides training and instruction on the best use of online and digital tools to help engage the Sierra Club’s members and supporters.
- Coordinate, review, and send emails prepared by volunteers and staff using Marketing Cloud to ensure compliance with national guidelines and use of best practices.
- Develop and maintain templates and data extensions in Marketing Cloud.
- Train staff and volunteers in Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, Drupal, and Campfire and provide ongoing support to users as needed
- Work with staff and volunteer leaders to maintain all Chapter and Group websites and provide ongoing support to volunteer and staff website administrators.
- Provides assistance to staff and volunteers on the use and implementation of digital tactics
- Prepares rapid response emails for volunteers and staff as needed
- Provide reports in Salesforce to staff and volunteers as needed
- Coordinate with the LEOS, Drupal, and Digital teams as needed
- Maintains currency of Chapter digital policies.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in Environmental Studies, Political Science or a closely related field.
- Two to three years experience in online organizing or campaigning.
- Strong background in advocacy, political campaigns, or community organizing.
- Proficient computer skills and prior experience or aptitude with internet applications including email, constituent relationship management or other related data systems, social networking systems, mobile platforms and web applications. Salesforce experience preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing skills. Demonstrated skills in writing and production of online campaign materials. Good verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to work effectively in an action-oriented office.
- Ability to work independently, cooperatively and effectively with public, staff and volunteers.
- Ability to train staff and volunteers effectively on email, social media, and mobile best practices.
The Sierra Club offers competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, and vision coverage, and a retirement savings 401(k) plan.
This is a category 5 exempt position.
Sierra Club is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization. Sierra Club employees are not eligible to participate in the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. Sierra Club does not sponsor H1B visas.
The Sierra Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet.