Online Math Teacher – Grades 1-4 at Prodigy - Prodigy Game
Online Math Teacher (Remote – Grades 1-4)
Prodigy Education connects students, parents, teachers and school districts with resources that promote a lifelong love of learning. Anyone with an internet connection is welcome to create a free account and try the most effective and engaging K-8 math platform in the world. Our business model helps us connect with youth around the world, with over 100 million students now voluntarily practicing math every single day — and enjoying it!
At Prodigy Education, we have an incredible team that works tirelessly to turn our goal of making education a human right into a reality. We are immensely grateful for our amazing team and all they do every day. We welcome people who share our passion to join our team, where you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning.
Our passion is our mission – to help every student in the world love learning!.
- Prodigy Teach is our newest offering – a once-a-day solution for families looking to have constant math teaching and practice for their child(ren). We’re hiring an inaugural batch of teachers to help us make this a reality! Teachers and students will work together in 30 minute daily sessions, and students will have an additional 30 minutes of game assignments to complete. Your job will be to serve as their teacher, guiding them through content that is standards aligned and following up with parents once a week to report on their child’s progress. Additionally, when not scheduled for sessions, you’ll be creating grade specific content that other teachers and tutors can use.
- Our Math Teachers can work from anywhere they have a stable internet connection. We are looking for a high degree of independence and flexibility and passionate educators.
- This is an Independent Contractor opportunity that guarantees 20 hours of work each week. As demand grows, this will start as content creation, then some content creation and teaching, and eventually will shift to just teaching.
- Location* This is a remote contract opportunity, with a commitment of 20 hour/week availability required (with the opportunity for more based on demand)
- You will teach children in mathematics, helping them with homework, building skills, or extending the curriculum
- You will assign children assignments in-game (we will train you on this!)
- You will design curriculum to be used in your online teaching sessions
- You will work with families to define learning goals and report progress on those goals
- You will engage with new clients to understand their needs
- You will contribute to a team and help define and improve our new product
- You will build relationships with children and families and retain clients for the long-term
Who You Are:
- You are a certified teacher looking to share your passion for math outside of the classroom
- You work independently and are adaptable to any situation
- You are an excellent communicator
- You want a role that provides flexibility
- Available to work days and/or evenings & able to commit to the same 4 hours/day
- Excellent communication and rapport building skills
- Proficient with technology and online tools (eg. G-suite, Excel)
- Have access to a high quality internet connection
- Have access to a quiet spot from which to teach
- Have access to a Windows or Mac computer from which to teach
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Customer service mindset
- Exhibit Prodigy values of User-Obsession, Radical Candor, Growth Mindset, Extreme Ownership
- Willingness to learn and work in a hyper-growth company
Bonus Points For:
- Experience using Prodigy in the classroom
- Understanding of Common Core State Standards and/or American teaching experience
- An interest in educational technology
- Major or Minor in Mathematics (Preferred, but not a must)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!