Online Help Desk Technician at Academy of Art University
Title: Online Help Desk Technician
Location: United States
Classifications: Remote Full-Time
Driven. Engaging. Innovative. Do these words motivate you? If so, then we want to talk with you. Academy of Art University offers a rewarding employment experience for those who excel in a dynamic environment and who can consistently deliver high-caliber customer service. We thrive on ingenuity and pursue ideas every day that lead to extraordinary opportunities for tomorrow. Apply here for your next career!
Academy of Art University seeks an Online Help Desk Technician to support faculty and students with any questions they may have regarding the use of online educational systems, browser configurations, the downloading and uploading files and any other technical or administrative issues they might encounter while participating in their online classes. The focus of this position is to resolve user problems as quickly and as courteously as possible.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide feedback and insight into user opinions of the system to help identify problem trends and possible need for improvements
- Conduct online system testing for new applications
- Provide web-site maintenance
- Assist with administrative tasks and special projects
- Must be flexible and willing to work weekend, morning or night hours.
- Must have at least one – two years in a customer service position; help desk experience preferable and within an educational setting
- Must possess excellent knowledge of both PC and Mac operating systems, mobile OS and have familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of Internet browsers, and an excellent ability to use and navigate the Internet is essential
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills, be able to provide quality customer service and work well with other staff, faculty and students
- An ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing is required
- Knowledge of relevant specialty software, (e.g., Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Maya, Studio Max, MX Flash, Quark, Final Cut, Avid Xpress, AutoCAD, After Effects, Motion Pro) a plus but not required
Academy of Art University offers full-time employees health insurance, 401k options, paid vacation based on years of service, paid holidays, paid sick leave and a commuter benefit program. The Academy also offers full-time employees an opportunity to take one undergraduate course tuition free each semester. We also have a swimming pool with multiple lanes, two fitness centers and many recreational programs that you are welcome to benefit from throughout the year.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!