Part-time online faculty, Psychology
Job ID 2018-105411
Institution Chamberlain University
Employment Type Temporary Part-Time
FLSA Status Exempt
Opportunity at a Glance
Chamberlain University seeks to welcome Online Part Time Professors of Psychology to our undergraduate degree programs, building long-term relationships with superior educators who have high professional standards, excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and a commitment to providing the finest in practitioner-focused education. From the convenience of your home or office, you can make a valuable contribution to the success of students preparing to enter and advance in their career field.
The typical course of instruction may include:
PSYC110 – Psychology
This course provides a foundation for understanding, predicting and directing behavior. Organized within a framework encompassing foundations, general topics and applications, the course provides an understanding of how psychological principles and concepts relate to professional and personal life. Topics include learning, attitude formation, personality, social influence, dynamics of communication, conflict resolution, motivation, leadership and group roles and processes.
PSYC290 – Lifespan Development
In the context of a general introduction to psychology and the social sciences, this course explores human development across the life span. Topics include physical, cognitive, psychological, social and moral development of infants, children, adolescents and adults. Coursework also addresses developmental theories, motivation, personality development, culture and general psychological theories and principles.
PSYC315 – Social Psychology
Students in this course explore ways in which individuals think about, influence, are influenced by and otherwise relate to people. Individual behavior in the context of social groups and forces is emphasized. Coursework provides a basis for scientifically addressing key issues of this field.
- Develops and provides students with an approved syllabus which includes the terminal course objectives.
- Uses appropriate technological options for online technologies and course-related software, including Websites, e-mail, and online discussions for preparing the course and making it accessible to students.
- Models effective strategized communications that engage online students, provide clarity, and improve student learning.
- Sets clear expectations for the course by publishing course terminal objectives, assignment/examinations dates, and weight the distribution of various evaluation categories.
- Ensures that the content and level of material included on exams correspond to the course terminal objectives.
- Demonstrates consistency and fairness in the preparation and grading of exams, and provide timely feedback to students.
You are encouraged to explore this opportunity if you meet the following criteria:
- A PhD degree in Psychology, Social Work or Counseling with 18+ earned graduate credit hours directly in psychology is required to be considered for this opportunity
- Candidates with prior higher education teaching experience, especially online, are strongly encouraged to apply
- Solid subject matter expertise and outstanding communication skills
- Excellent motivational and instructional skills to be effective in a non-traditional environment
- Must be able to work in a collegial manner and facilitate the efforts of diverse groups
Chamberlain University is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today!
Who We Are
Chamberlain College of Nursing is a rapidly-expanding college rich with opportunities for growth and offering competitive wages and benefits. If you enjoy being a part of an exciting team and working in a collaborative, dynamic environment, then Chamberlain College of Nursing might be right for you.
We believe in taking care of those who take care of others. We offer a wide range of benefits that are intended to meet the diverse needs of our colleagues. Whether it’s advancing your career, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefit offerings can help you reach your goals.
As an educational organization, we also support and encourage colleagues to further their educations by offering tuition assistance and seminars through our Leadership Development Center.
If you are ready to join an institution like ours, we welcome you to apply.