Online Course Producer at GoSkills
Online Course Producer
Are you passionate about creating fun and memorable learning experiences?
Are you detail-oriented and committed to creating a quality product?
As an online course producer at GoSkills, you’ll work directly with talented instructors and subject-matter-experts to produce high-quality online courses that are used by thousands of people around the world.
GoSkills is an innovative online education company providing on-demand courses consisting of bite-sized videos, exercises, quizzes, and written guides. Our instructors create the raw content (videos, quizzes, and written content), and your role is to work with them to ensure our high-quality standards are met for the submitted materials (video quality, sound quality, typing errors, sanity checks, and ease of understanding of the course content). You will then polish and upload all content to the GoSkills platform and release the course online.
Although we have a standardized course format, we are looking to improve the learner experience and learning outcomes through more interactivity and the use of storytelling. This is where you can let your creative juices flow as we experiment with new formats for course delivery!
Our team is distributed from Hong Kong to New York, either working from home or co-working spaces. It would be ideal if you were located within those timezones.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Creating engaging and compelling course content and learning activities
- Quality assessment of course content, including video, audio, visual and written materials
- Creating and editing videos and other course content in tools like Camtasia, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Articulate
- Adapting instructional materials into various eLearning formats
- Devising innovative ways to present and design content, such as simulations, role-play, games, interactive exercises, and testing
- Analyzing and applying trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design when creating and adapting content
- Working with subject matter experts, clients, and other team members to identify the target audience’s training needs
- Designing and developing course content and learning activities against measurable learning objectives
- Setting instructional end goals and creating content that matches them
- Visualizing the instructional design, user interface, and the finished product
- Revising course content based on customer feedback and data illustrating ROI or efficacy of training
- Uploading, testing and maintaining content in the GoSkills LMS
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of instructional design and training processes
- Working with team members across different areas of the business including product, marketing, and development
- Maintaining project documentation and course folders
- Being part of an awesome team
You’re a good fit if:
- You have experience with instructional design in e-learning and are familiar with the tools and technologies of the trade
- You have previous working experience within education technology or a similar relevant field
- You possess an in-depth understanding of learning theories and instructional design models
- You are familiar with popular online course formats and technologies, including online course providers and course authoring tools like Articulate
- Knowledge of tools and technologies like Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, basic HTML, and Flash programming is a plus
- You have exceptional lesson and curriculum planning skills
- You have strong attention to detail and can spot a missing apostrophe or pixel from a mile away
- You have excellent English abilities and can write compelling copy
- You are creative, innovative and imaginative
- You have strong visual design skills
- You are a motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic
- You like to take initiative in solving problems
- You take ownership of your tasks, see them through to completion, and are comfortable with raising issues or questions along the way
- You are able to prioritize and manage deadlines for multiple projects
- You have strong communication skills and are able to communicate clearly with a remote team across different time zones, countries and cultures
- You have experience working remotely and communicate well through tools like Slack, Trello, email, Zoom and Skype
What you get:
- Flexibility of work location and hours
- Training on all GoSkills processes and systems
- Ability to work with a fun and international team
- Annual retreat with the GoSkills team
- Anywhere in the world, but within a workable time zone
- Most of your work will be with other GoSkills people in Hong Kong, New Zealand and North America
- As a remote team across time zones, we have a flexible approach to work schedule, however, we would usually expect you to cross at least 5 hours of 8 am – 6 pm, Monday to Friday GMT+12 during your first year of working with us
Equipment and office space:
- For this role, you will need to provide your own computer and high-speed internet connection
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!