Part-Time Online Art/Music Instructor, ALVS
Apex Learning Virtual School
Apex Learning is the leading provider of digital curriculum for secondary education to the nation’s school districts. The company’s comprehensive, standards-based online courses help schools successfully engage all students in rigorous coursework and prepare them for high school graduation and beyond. Districts are successfully using Apex Learning digital curriculum to meet needs ranging from credit recovery to original credit, from building foundational skills to creating opportunities for advanced coursework, and from distance learning to classroom-based programs.
- Welcome students to course, communicate requirements, encourage participation, maintain available synchronous office hours, monitor student pacing and progress through course
- Facilitate a friendly instructionally rich online learning environment for ALVS (Apex Learning Virtual School) students.
- Provide rich and targeted feedback on assignments within three business days of when the assignment was submitted
- Provides instructional resources to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Maintains an open line of communication with parents/guardians/school district mentors and personnel and seeks mentor and parental involvement when necessary.
- Maintains confidentiality of student information and maintain timely records of student performance.
- Respond to all student inquiries within one business day and turnaround of all assignments within three business days.
- Participate in departmental team meeting
- Conduct virtual office hours, and provides other instructional support to students in adherence with the policies and procedures of the Apex Learning Virtual School.
- Mentor and promote student academic progress and show an active interest in student achievement
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university with preference to Master’s Degree.
- State teacher certification required with preference towards ability to obtain other states teaching certificates.
- 6 years’ related education experience; at least 4 years teaching in a classroom.
- Knowledge and practical application of art education learning pedagogy
- Ability to adhere to teaching obligations, including meeting deadlines, course schedules, and maintenance of teacher certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents and other professionals.
- Successful completion of subject endorsement area Praxis test
- Ability to apply and or hold multiple state teaching certifications.
- Refer candidates with experience teaching in online or blended environments
- Preference towards National Board Certification for Professional Teaching Standards.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check.
- Ability to pass a Social Security Administration E-Verify check for U.S. work authorization
Apex Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics or disability. Apex Learning participates in the E-Verify program through USCIS. Benefits are dependent on eligibility requirements.
Bachelors or better.