Office Manager at Plastic Pollution Coalition
Founded in 2009, Plastic Pollution Coalition (PPC) is a global alliance of individuals, organizations, businesses, and policymakers working toward a more just, equitable world free of plastic pollution and its toxic impacts on humans, animals, waterways, oceans, and the environment. PPC has grown in the past eleven years to become a broad coalition of more than 1,200 Coalition business and organization members, and over 13,000 individual members, working across the globe in 75 countries on 6 continents.
Plastic Pollution Coalition envisions a world free of plastic pollution, where:
- Individuals and systems embody zero-waste values of reusability and durability so plastic pollution is reduced at the source: in use and production.
- Packaging and goods are designed with reuse and the end of life in mind.
- Industry takes extended responsibility for all products throughout their existence, from cradle to cradle.
- Governments, Industry, NGOs work collaboratively to create and sustain a circular system, eliminating the concept of “waste” + designing ongoing use and positive outcome for products/byproducts.
- Humans, animals, nature, and bodies of water thrive within the global ecosystem.
Plastic Pollution Coalition educates and connects people and groups to advocate for a world free of plastic pollution.
We encourage you to learn about our current openings and meet our team. We look forward to receiving your application. www.plasticpollutioncoalition.org
Plastic Pollution Coalition is Fiscally Sponsored by Earth Island Institute. All staff of Plastic Pollution Coalition is legally employees of Earth Island Institute.
This is a great opportunity for an office manager to join a non-profit organization working to make a real difference in the world.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of a cohesive, highly motivated team and will work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. He/she will support the CEO and the Managing Director of the organization and will lead administrative projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for supporting both the CEO and the Managing Director of the organization, as well as supporting PPC’s remote office. Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Liaise between PPC and its fiscal sponsor, Earth Island Institute, including the preparation and submission of check requests, donation tracking, allocation of grant monies, and correspondence related to fundraising events;
- Assist with organization and content management on Google Drive;
- Prepare communications by mail or email as assigned;
- Establish and refine administrative systems for accuracy and ease of use;
- General office duties, including handling office shipping needs; answering phones and directing callers to the appropriate staff; meeting preparation, including research, agendas and follow up as required; maintain office resources/inventory (PPC branded items, etc.) and reorder as necessary;
- Financial support, including assist on budget and accounting tasks; liaise with PPC’s outside financial accounting contractor; prepare expense reports; generate online donation reports and maintain donor database; maintain vendor records and process payments to them in a timely manner;
- Operational support, including preparing an agreement with independent contractors and outside businesses, interns, and others; help facilitate logistics for team calls, yearly Staff Retreat and other events;
- Fundraising event support and planning, including tracking of production costs, donations received, and related correspondence;
- Participate as a team member on special projects or company-wide initiatives as requested;
- Support team calendar, arrange and confirm appointments and adapt quickly to changes and conflicts that may arise;
- Support Executive Leadership task and schedule tracking; occasional travel arrangements;
- Additional administrative support as needed.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
BACKGROUND, QUALIFICATIONS & SUCCESS FACTORS:
- 3-5 years of professional work experience in an independent office environment;
- Experience using Google Apps (Gmail, Drive, Calendar) and the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel is strongly preferred.
- Experience with budgeting and accounting strongly desired, specifically preparing and maintaining balance sheets, income statements, and other financial records, in addition to maintaining accounting records.
- Self-motivated ability to quickly adapt to new technology and software environments (existing familiarity with Asana project-management, Slack, and CRM databases is a plus but not required);
- A professional demeanor and strong organizational and project management skills;
- Skilled in organizing and prioritizing competing time demands to ensure the ability to meet commitments and deadlines;
- Multi-task oriented with an energetic hands-on approach;
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities with the ability to meet deadlines;
- Able to manage multiple projects while maintaining big picture overview of changing priorities and tasks;
- Pro-active with the ability to work both independently and as a team player;
- Flexibility to respond and adapt to a fast-paced work environment in a non-traditional office structure;
- Excellent spelling, writing, and proofreading skills with an eye for quality and detail;
- A high degree of ethics and standards of personal conduct;
- A good sense of humor and positive attitude;
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred;
- Passion and dedication to PPC’s vision of a world free from plastic pollution is appreciated.
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
- Remote office—Los Angeles, CA or Washington, DC preferred. All staff of PPC works remotely, and this candidate may be based anywhere in the U.S.
The salary range for this position is $50K to $60K, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PPC also offers a comprehensive benefits program, including employer-sponsored health insurance and paid time off including, vacation, holidays, personal days, parental and sick leave, as well as a monthly remote working allowance. This is an exempt position.
Earth Island Institute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!