Nursing Tutor at Pearson
Title: Nursing Tutor — Remote, Work From Home
Location: Jefferson City MO USA
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Smarthinking, a Pearson service unit, is hiring experienced, motivated individuals to serve as part-time online tutors. Smarthinking provides online tutoring to support colleges, universities, and individuals. Online nursing/health science tutors work with students at all academic levels — from students seeking associate’s degrees through colleagues in doctoral programs.
At Pearson and within Smarthinking, we work to facilitate a culture of professional reflection and consistent quality among our teams of tutors. Tutors can work from any location with computer and Internet access.
To qualify, individuals must have:
- Advanced coursework or graduate degree in a nursing or health science discipline.
- College-level teaching or tutoring experience in nursing and health science courses.
- Experience reviewing written work and an ability to help others synthesize their thoughts into clear written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to troubleshoot problems calmly in potentially stressful situations.
- Strong typing and computer skills; comfort with working in an online environment.
- Availability to work at least 2 hours on Fridays or Saturdays.
- An enthusiasm for online education and a passion for helping students to improve their lives through learning.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Teaching experience, teaching certificate and/or advanced degree in nursing, health science, or related field.
- Significant clinical experience.
- Solid knowledge of APA style.
- Experience mentoring or supervising adjunct instructors or tutors.
This is a remote position that will require tutors to work at any location with reliable access to a computer and Internet. Candidates must reside in the United States and, if hired, be able to provide documentation regarding eligibility to work in the United States.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-RE-Remote
Work Locations: US-Remote Remote
Job: Learning Delivery
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Part-time Regular
Req ID: 1914728
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!