Nursing Student Success Coach at Colorado Technical University - CTU
Nursing Student Success Coach
- CTU Online
- United States – Home
- (Job Number: 43405)
As the BSN/ MSN/ DNP nursing student success coordinator for CTUs nursing program, you will act as the coach and mentor for nursing students throughout their program. You will be there to inspire, motivate, and challenge them. You will support enrollment, student development, and retention services while ensuring high-quality learning in accordance with school and company policies and procedures and federal, state and regional regulatory requirements and accreditation standards.
- Advises students across the nursing continuum on program outcomes, including terminal degree students in the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program. In alignment & collaboration with the College of Nursing leadership team, partner to improve the student experience and troubleshoot student issues to provide timely and appropriate resolution.
- Mentor MSN/DNP students in the preparation of scheduled practicum experiences as established with College of Nursing leadership.
- Collaborate with the College of Nursing leadership and faculty to promote a quality student experience
- Ensure that students are on track with document submission timeline as outlined by College of Nursing.
- Serve as subject matter expert for all (BSN, MSN, & DNP) nursing 3rd party vendors to support student access issues and promote student success.
- Collaborate with the College of Nursing in ensuring programmatic accreditation standards are met in regard to student success.
- Act as the first point of contact/team resource concerning student practicum documentation questions.
- Serves as subject matter expert in nursing practicum process and responsible for information dissemination to advising team.
- Partner with the College of Nursing to track progression of nursing students towards practica to ensure students are aware of all requirements and timeline.
- Track metrics relevant to student progression through practicum courses, and the reason for stop out if relevant
- Collaborate with the College of Nursing to evaluate practica processes in the spirit of continuous quality improvement.
- Manage cohort of students and coach through degree program
- Coach and inspire students with life or other circumstances to ensure online course attendance
- Encourage and support students as they gain the skills and knowledge necessary for success
- Provide a trusting environment where students can share their thoughts, aspirations, concerns, and interests
- Provide students with the available resources to aid with their success here at the university
- Act as the student liaison between other departments
- Possess a thorough understanding of university policies, procedure, requirements, and effectively communicating them to students
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Schedule: No nights, weekends, or holidays
Required Skills and Competencies
- Ability to counsel and coach success coaches to offer a better student experience provides timely information and feedback
- Customer Focus: dedicated to student development and success, establishes and maintains effective relationships with students and earns their trust and respect
- Problem Solving: uses logic, data, resources, and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Drive results: can be counted on to meet and exceed goals appropriately and successfully, consistently a top performer, modeling correct behaviors and process execution
- Approachability: easy to approach and speak with, builds rapport well, is a good listener, early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it
- Presentation Skills: Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings; one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, and leaders
- Integrity and Trust: widely trusted, truthful, admits mistakes, keeps confidences and can present the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner
- Organizational Agility: Knows how to get things done through formal and informal channels and the informal network
- Process Management: Understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient workflow and can simplify complex processes
- Organizing: can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal
- Self-Development: is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (or international equivalent) required.
- Active, unencumbered, RN licensure required
- Master of Science in Nursing preferred
- National nursing specialty certification preferred
- Prior online education experience required (either as an online facilitator or online student)
- Prior knowledge of academic policies and procedures preferred
- Experience in academic advising of nursing student population in higher education preferred
- Experience and/or knowledge in the healthcare environment and patient services
- Prior experience with nursing practicum experiences is a plus.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!