- United States
- Full Time
- Mid Level
This position can be in-office in NYC or remote work-from-home. Remote U.S. candidates are encouraged to apply.
AdThrive.com helps serious bloggers make more money with the ads on their site by acting as their trusted expert guide in the wild-west like world of online advertising. This means helping them figure out which ad placements to use, how to develop an ad strategy, and then actually installing that strategy for them. Through our work, we help the best creators and contributors on the web, people who have a passion for their craft (cooking, decorating, parenting, finance, investing) get to write about their passion and be paid to live their dream. We help bloggers leave their full-time jobs and stay home with their kids. We help struggling families pay their bills and find hope. We support the people who are creating the internet!
We are looking for an ambitious Software Engineer to join our development team. We are a highly entrepreneurial organization looking for people who are able to have a big impact immediately. We are looking for very smart, motivated people who get results and want to be part of something great.
Day in the Life:
- Creating, testing, and supporting multiple backend APIs
- Troubleshooting, optimizing, and fixing data collection processes
- Automating and optimizing manual business processes
- Being an active member of a distributed team via tools like Slack, G Suite, Appear.in and more
- Overcoming new obstacles, and embracing a fast-paced virtual work environment
You’ll do well if you have:
- Patience, grace, a sense of humor, and some moderate GIF sharing abilities
- A passion for solving tough problems and proposing elegant solutions
- A desire to make everything you touch better
- Genuine desire to help others solve problems and succeed
- High level of comfort working in a fast paced environment
- Good web fundamentals – caching, authentication, authorization
- Experience developing Express/Koa based APIs with Node.js
- Experience with SQL (PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Git (GitHub)
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment (Ubuntu)
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to AdThrive’s Mission Statement
There is limitless opportunity here for the person who makes themselves valuable. We’re a young company and growing fast, so strong leaders and strong performers will have opportunity to grow and see increasing responsibility.