Newsletter Editor at Christian Post
- Editorial · Washington, District of Columbia or Remote, United States
ChristianPost.com is the nation’s most comprehensive Christian news website and was launched in March 2004, incorporated with the vision of delivering up-to-date news, information, and commentaries relevant to Christians across denominational lines.
As the flagship website of The Christian Post, ChristianPost.com has quickly grown to become a leading online Christian news publication, with continuous updates throughout the day – seven days a week.
Through the website, The Christian Post presents national and international coverage of current events affecting and involving Christian leaders, church bodies, ministries, mission agencies, schools, businesses, and the general Christian public.
As a pan-denominational Christian media source, The Christian Post views all Christ-centered denominations as equal constituents of the body of Christ and does not promote or demote any Christ-centered denomination and/or congregation.
Please note that only candidates who answer all application questions below will be considered.
The Christian Post is looking for a full-time Newsletter Editor who will be responsible for fully preparing and managing the publication of daily newsletters for Christianpost.com and other brands. The Newsletter Editor will take charge of the editing, production and improvement of the company’s newsletters. The candidate should have excellent skills at writing, editing, production and fact-checking and be able to summarize stories from The Christian Post and other publications that ignites conversation.
Newsletters are a vital way The Christian Post reaches its audience, bringing news, insights and more to millions of people every day. The right candidate should have a thorough understanding of the best practices of how to engage and connect with an audience through email.
This must be achieved while ensuring the highest standards of privacy and protection of user data are upheld.
- Ensure timely delivery of newsletters and that content accurately reflects the vision, mission, and beliefs of Christianpost.com and other brands
- Continually optimize our newsletters top to bottom, from subject lines to footers and everything in between, to deliver consistent excellence, increase engagement, and grow our audience – measured by both open rates and subscription
- Write strong subjects, preheader text, summaries and more.
- Coordinate with our editorial and design teams on newsletter strategy and conceiving and launching new newsletters for new content initiatives.
- Monitor the performance of all newsletters and work with editors and writers to build an audience and improve key performance indicators
- Build out an engaged, excited community of active readers
- Design processes to measure and improve email performance and user engagement
- Compile regular audience reports on each newsletter to identify the opportunities for growth and improvement of key metrics (open rates, subscribers, click through, etc.).
- Track and communicate feedback from readers
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
- At least two years proven experience working as a newsletter editor for a news publication with significant experience in writing or editing news, or at least three years experience in editing and writing.
- Proven experience in both line editing and copy editing, working revisions and rewriting of stories
- Ability to work under deadlines without compromising editorial standards
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, news-driven organization
- Expert with AP style
- Agree with The Christian Post’s statement of faith
- Based in Washington, D.C. preferred. Accepting remote applicants as well.
- Experience working across teams
- Visual storytelling skills (not required, but nice to have)
Link to this job
- Location Washington, District of Columbia
- Department Editorial
- Employment Type Full-Time
- Minimum Experience Experienced
- Compensation negotiable
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!