News Writer at Romper
News Writer, Romper
- REMOTE /
- EDITORIAL – ROMPER /
Romper is seeking a remote, part-time News Writer to contribute to the site’s News & Entertainment verticals 3 days per week. Applicants should have a strong background in journalism and have a proven interest in covering a variety of topics relevant to parents and Romper’s audience. Romper’s News & Entertainment verticals cover politics, viral news, health, and social justice as well as celebrity and entertainment news. Recent news stories include a look at food banks facing soaring demand, powerful photos of kids attending Black Lives Matter protests, the connection between tear gas and miscarriage, and new studies on COVID-19 and pregnancy. The entertainment vertical runs the gamut from celeb parent news to live awards show coverage.
Ideal candidates should have at least 2+ years of experience in reporting and writing, ideally in the parenting news space. Applicants should be familiar with SEO best practice.
- Mondays: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Fridays: 9a.m to 4 p.m.
Please note: Applications without a cover letter and pitches will not be considered.
- Report to weekly shifts
- Closely follow parenting news trends
- Write between three to four articles per shift in keeping with Romper’s voice and style
- Conduct research and interviews with sources
- Pitch innovative and relevant ideas that will serve Romper’s audience
- Contribute to live coverage as needed
- A demonstrated interest in the parenting space
- 2+ years of journalism and writing experience, ideally with a reporting background
- A strong voice and innovative ideas
- Pitch-perfect news judgement
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Availability to work remotely at least three days a week, seven hour shifts each day (EST)
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!