News – Editor II
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest.
- The Product Manager will primarily curate product sets of headshots spanning all the rostered athletes on major league teams in North America: NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS and MLB. Additionally, we provide headshot coverage for the top 100-200 athletes of the PGA, NASCAR, NCAA FB, and NCAA MBB.
- Referencing an in-house roster management tool as well as sourcing roster information from reputable online sources, the Product Developer will need to track the status of headshot fulfillment in addition to responding to requests from clients.
- This position will require the ability to manage player request spreadsheets, locate existing imagery that can be turned into headshots, submit requests to photographers to obtain images we do not already have, and curate a finished product out of a large quantity of images.
- Software proficiencies required: Adobe Photoshop, Camerabits Photo Mechanic
- Will be available on Saturdays for regular picture desk duties, moving images sent in from photographers in the field and preparing them for transmission to USA TODAY NETWORK and other various clients.
- Will serve as a field editor for major events as staffing levels and geography requires.
- Assists with curating photo galleries for external clients.
- Assists with social media strategy as needs arise.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug-free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
- Job Family: Editors
- Job Function: Consumer
- Pay Type: Salary