Neurosurgery – Coder – brain, spine at GeBBS Healthcare Solutions
Neurosurgery – Coder (brain/spine)
# of Openings 2
Category Medical Coding
Minimum Hours Varies
Type Regular Part-Time
Neurosurgery Specialty Coder – Part Time
GeBBS is looking for a Neurosurgery E/M and surgery coder (brain and spine) with at least 3 years’ experience in neurosurgery coding. This is a long-term, remote coding position with a flexible schedule and a collaborative and supportive team working 10 hours per week.
If you have experience in other specialties, we may be able to offer additional hours.
- The neurosurgery/spine/brain coder is responsible for ensuring timely, accurate and compliant coding.
- Coder must be able to abstract all CPT, ICD-10-CM, modifiers, and units from the medical record documentation.
- This position provides daily, weekly and monthly reports to executive team and clients/physicians, as well as provider education related to coding and documentation.
- Other responsibilities include accurately entering data into coding software and/or Excel reports. Performing accurate coding using applicable guidelines and client protocols and communicating with clients and/or providers as needed.
- Provide written feedback of coding results as needed in the form of comments, summary findings and recommendations.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, and standards related to health information and coding principles.
- Communicate with Project Manager as needed (i.e., schedule changes, daily assignments/work volume, coding questions, etc.).
- This is a W2 position for a long-term project
- Current certification through AAPC or AHIMA required
- 3+ years’ experience required abstracting neurosurgery coding CPT, E&M, HCPCS and ICD-10-CM codes from medical records.
- Experience must include coding POS 11, 21, 22
- 3+ years’ experience with neurosurgery procedure coding (spine)
- Cervical, thoracic, lumbar spinal fusions/discectomies/laminectomies/decompressions via open and neurointerventional approaches
- Not required: Craniotomies for injuries/mass removals/aneurysms via open and neurointerventional approaches
- Requires advanced technical knowledge in spinal Neurosurgery.
- Experience in researching and applying coding rules and regulations.
- Must have experience with data entry of codes into a database and/or software tool.
- 95% accuracy rate
- US-Based Candidates Only
Aviacode provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aviacode complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Aviacode expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on protected classes. Improper interference with the ability of Aviacode’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more