Network Cisco Information Security Engineer at CynergisTek
Title: Network Cisco Information Security Engineer
Location: United States – Work From Home
About the Role
As a Network Engineer, you will perform and deliver written and verbal technical security risk assessments using various frameworks to assist clients in mitigating existing and future security risks. Clients also will require your expertise and guidance on advisory questions ranging all verticals of information security program management. If you are an experienced or knowledgeable information security professional with consulting experience, we are looking for you.
The Ideal Candidate
Someone who has conducted information security risk assessments client, based on industry standards (NIST, ISO, SANS Critical Security Controls) while providing superior client satisfaction and achieving client expectations. Ability to respond to advisory service requests to address and answer client questions and/or needs by providing information security management and strategic guidance to assist in the development of client information security programs. Someone who is able to develop and foster customer relationship to form trust and secure future business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Telecommunications
- 4 years of experience as a Cisco ISE Engineer creating design documentation, building ISE rules, implementing ISE solutions across a variety of environments, and serve as a subject matter expert on the ISE tool
- 4 years of experience as a systems or infrastructure engineer, working directly with wireless network technologies at an enterprise scale
- Wireless networking certification or in process of attaining wireless certification with Cisco certification CCNP certification with CWNP organization preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco wireless LAN controllers, Cisco access points, Cisco ISE, Cisco routers, Cisco L2/L3 switches, Cisco Prime, load balancing, QOS, PBR, WCCP, VPN, NAT, VoIP, IPSec, Multicast, DNS services, MPLS networks, Cisco firewalls and network and routing protocols (Ethernet, TCP/IP, SNMP, VLAN Trunking, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, EIGRP, EBGP,IBGP,RIP)
- Demonstrated experience utilizing WiFi analyzers, Wi-Fi survey software tools (i.e. AirMagnet, Ekahau, etc.) and test equipment
- Ability to analyze complex problems and implement solutions and/or workarounds
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments
- Proven ability to build and facilitate relationships at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Attention to detail and an ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Solid problem management skills related to working network related issues
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge
- Ability to thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment and leverage best practices
- Experience in DevOps Toolchain methodologies, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Proficiency in Agile project management methodology
- PLUS, Cisco DNA, Catalyst 9K, Nexus 9K
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!