National Sales Director at Coty
Title: National Sales Director
Location: New York, NY, US, 10118
SALES DIRECTOR, LUXURY ACCOUNTS
FIELD SALES NATIONAL ROLE
(Remote based, NYC area preferred)
COTY is looking for smart leaders who are strategic and passionate.
Coty is one of the world’s largest beauty companies with an iconic portfolio of brands across fragrance, color cosmetics, skin care and body care. COTY is the global leader in fragrance and number three in color cosmetics. COTY’s products are sold in over 150 countries around the world. COTY and its brands are committed to range of social causes as well as seeking to minimize its impact on the environment. For additional information about Coty Inc., please visit www.coty.com.
The newly created position of Sales Director, Luxury will be lead the field execution of strategic business initiatives across Skincare, Makeup, and Fragrance in our Luxury Department stores nationwide.
Key responsibilities include delivering retail sales goals, the growth and development of a team of Sales Development Executives and Account Coordinators, influencing retailer partnerships, driving brand market share while increasing our overall productivity.
The Sales Director also owns critical organizational leadership and can work lock step with all cross functional partners both internally and externally.
This position reports into the Vice President, Field Sales – Department/Luxury Stores.
In this role you will be responsible for:
Proactive Business Leadership:
Drive Field team to deliver sales targets, productivity benchmarks, and maximize market share leveraging education and brand marketing strategies.
Continuous strengthening of regional and retailer business understanding, leveraging data analytics to maximize internal and external negotiations, achieving seasonal retail sales goals, brand rank and share targets while improving ROI. Regularly analyze business and communicate key successes, opportunities, and future potential risks. Partner closely with VP Sales on all instore strategies, coop, and freelance budgets.
- Inspirational Field Leadership: Dynamic leadership of field teams. Coaching, developing, and retaining teams to deliver/exceed business results. Drive the Field team to deliver true to brand retail experience in nurturing and developing their teams. Lead team to flawlessly execute all events and visual merchandising in line with brand’s guidelines.
- Collaboration: Strong partnerships with Cross-Functional teams (Sell-In, Education, Events, Marketing), proactive sharing with all business partners, representing Luxury Store Retail needs in seasonal business planning process.
- Communication: Drive solutions-focused and actionable communication from field to cross function teams and to retailers (help needed, promotional recaps, stock needs, market feedback, competitive intel, etc.)
- Stewardship Compliance: Accountability to Brand Equity/Fashion House/ Retailer Guidelines. Accountability to be in line with all budgets issued to drive retail sales and brand visibility.
We would love to see candidates who have:
- Exceptional management, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Minimum 5+ years Field Sales Leadership experience
- Experienced in growing luxury Skincare and Makeup Brands
- Flagship store experience
- Knowledge of industry trends and best practices and ability to work across functional areas.
- Ability to travel 60% of the time.
- Strong business drive, results driven, solution focused, strategic thinking, growth mindset skills.
- Inspirational Leader who leads by example and possess a strong work ethic.
- Superb ability to manage multiple projects and missions at the same time.
- Excel, PowerPoint proficient
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
This is unique role with a genuine opportunity to make an impact. You will get to work in a diverse environment with a team of professionals who are passionate about the work they do and know how to have some fun along the way.
Base Salary Range: $145,000-$165,000