National Medical Director at Carbon Health
National Medical Director, Virtual Care (MD/DO)
- REMOTE /
- ADVANCED PRACTICE CLINICIANS – CLINICIAN MANAGEMENT /
WHAT IS CARBON ALL ABOUT?
Carbon Health provides primary and urgent care for the family and has been working tirelessly to make COVID-19 testing, care and vaccinations available across the country. In its mission to make world-class healthcare accessible to all, Carbon Health leverages its unique technology platform to meet patients where they are – literally – with seamless, personal omnichannel care. With a growing team of expert providers, engineers, designers, and more, Carbon Health pushes the boundaries to deliver personal, accessible and high-quality care.
THE JOB AT A GLANCE
We aim to transform the primary care and urgent care experience. With a growing network of trusted clinics across the nation and an end-to-end platform that supports ongoing care management and virtual appointments, our goal is to combine compassionate healthcare with human-centered, smartly designed technology to build a more patient- and provider-focused, efficient healthcare delivery network. Carbon Health’s mission is to ensure world-class care is affordable and always within reach.
We are seeking a Virtual Medical Director who thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment and is impassioned by the opportunity to reimagine clinical care delivery in the virtual space. As the Virtual Medical Director, you will work in a dyad structure along with the Virtual Care General Manager to provide leadership, direction, and a growth-mindset to ensure operational performance and clinical excellence across the nation. You should be prepared to challenge the traditional care model by redeploying care, leveraging a multidisciplinary team, and integrating virtual care across multiple modes of care delivery.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Clinical (up to 10% of time):
- Conduct thorough history taking and physical examinations
- Craft patient-centric, evidence-based workups and treatment plans
- Treat undifferentiated adult and pediatric patients
- Interpret x-rays, lab results, and ECGs
- Triage and manage patient flow efficiently to minimize wait times
- Serve as a supervising physician for advanced practitioners covering on-call shifts as needed
- Work as a collaborating physician providing guidance and feedback to advanced practitioners as defined by company protocols and state specific regulations
- Medical Director:
- Provide oversight to the policies, procedures, and protocols for the clinical care provided, assuring care is being delivered in a high quality and consistent manner
- Implement initiatives that effectively support and meet clinical, organizational, and regulatory goals through strong analytical capabilities, process improvement, and technology enhancements
- Maintain strong understanding of clinical and operational metrics and lead teams in actualizing plans to achieve quality patient care and clinician engagement
- Encourage agility, transparency and autonomous decision making within teams
- Serve as a mentor and coach a team of Clinician Managers to drive continuous improvement
- Monitor performance against budget and take action to improve performance through revenue generation and expense control
- Routinely assesses telemedicine processes to improve access to care, sustain best practices in the care delivery process and improve patient outcomes.
- Ensures appropriate medical staffing levels and identifies recruitment needs with administrative partner
- BC MD/DO in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Emergency Medicine
- 5+ years of leadership experience managing clinical teams and care programs
- Ability to adapt, connect, and motivate a diverse team
- Demonstrated record of leading clinical change, preferably across disciplines/departments/institutes
- Deep knowledge and understanding of contemporary leading practice in virtual health
- Strong networking capabilities and ability to lead through partnership and collaboration
- Superb judgement, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Capacity to execute both short-term wins and long-term strategies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and accomplish multiple, complex tasks simultaneously in a self-directed manner
- Represent the clinical point of view on all decisions relating to the virtual care team
- Ability to connect and deliver care to patients of all backgrounds
- Must be a strategic thinker and problem solver with a patient-centered attitude
- Ability to promote a respectful, transparent, positive team environment
A BRIEF HISTORY
Carbon Health is the leading national healthcare provider with a mission to bring world-class healthcare to everyone. Leveraging its unique technology platform, Carbon Health provides its patients with omnichannel care: seamless care from the same trusted providers at a wide variety of access points, including urgent care, primary care, virtual care, pop-up sites, the Carbon Health app, and on-site at their employers. Carbon Health also provides value-based care to enterprise partners across a broad range of industries, including academia, sports, entertainment, biotechnology, and travel. Apply today, join our team and make an impact!
To learn more about Carbon Health, and to stay up to date on what we’re doing visit https://blog.carbonhealth.com/
We here at Carbon Health recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal employment opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!