National Account Manager
- United States Work at Home
- Full time
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The National Account Manager (NAM) will have responsibility of overall operational performance strategy and execution for Cigna clients with 5,000+ employee lives. Primary responsibilities include development and execution of broad service strategy in support of large client global benefit programs, wellness, and employee relation goals; as well as Cigna persistency, membership growth, and earnings targets. The NAM effectively manages business relationships and collaborates and communicates across all product/operational lines to ensure that systems and processes are in place to meet client/customer needs, and drive efficiency for the organization, segment, and team.
Role Components (Responsibilities)
- Maintains market/competitive knowledge on service trends and differentiators – can “sell” Cigna service in a retail setting and/or client discussion
- Effectively collaborates with NAE on broad account retention, growth, and satisfaction related to Cigna’s Behavioral products and drives inclusion of case installation, product and service partners where appropriate
- Collaborates with National Account Executive on renewal activities, to include RFP involvement, geo access reporting/analysis, etc.
- Develop/maintain “trusted-advisor” relationships with clients and consultants; by proactively engaging in needs and goals discussions, and then leverages Cigna’s capabilities and services to differentiate Cigna from the competition
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Cigna products/services across all product lines (HealthCare, Dental, Behavioral, Cigna Group Insurance, Pharmacy, Medical and Condition/Disease Management, Lifestyle Management Programs, Incentive Programs, Cigna Global, etc.)
- Maintains current knowledge of Health Care Reform (legislation/compliance rules) and can confidently and effectively articulate impacts for the client, and Cigna
- Lead in managing dental reporting requests to include analytics and presentation
- Develop/ implement consumerism strategies for target accounts to drive enrollment growth and facilitate meaningful customer behavior change and through health advocacy & cost transparency. Includes detailed communication campaigns and event participation as applicable
- Maintains basic understanding and conceptual application of underwriting principals
- Effectively leverages resources to fulfill client onsite needs, offers creative and effective solutions to drive optimal client outcomes and satisfaction while balancing Cigna cost
- Represents Cigna well in market based events (client & consultant forums, annual enrollment, etc.)
- Lead in managing health care provider (HCP) network and client specific network (CSN) activities and communication
- College Degree or years equivalent related experience
- Proficient knowledge (min 3-5 years) in healthcare / managed care business; to include many or all of the following: product knowledge, underwriting principals, risk and financial analysis skills, marketing processes, sales practices, account management and knowledge of administrative operations
- Excellent communication, negotiation, influencing skills; exhibits courage
- Strategic and financial savvy; ability to partner with NAE to grow book of business
- Demonstrated planning/organizational skills; ability to plan for both the long and short term; drive priorities and results
- Demonstrated ability to foster strong working relationships; demonstrates leadership within a heavily matrixed environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; confident and credible presenter
- Can work independently
- Demonstrated examples of critical thinking and execution
- Must obtain necessary licenses
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.