Multimedia Team Manager at Research Square
Multimedia Team Manager
- Full Time
About Research Square
Research Square Company exists to make research communication faster, fairer, and more useful. We are a growing team of scientists, researchers, language experts, software engineers, and publishing industry veterans working together to find new ways to help researchers succeed.
Headquartered in Durham, North Carolina, Research Square Company consists of two main divisions, American Journal Experts (AJE) and Research Square. Since 2004, AJE has provided manuscript preparation services to hundreds of thousands of researchers helping them to get their work published. Launched in 2018, our platform, Research Square, is the largest multidisciplinary preprint server in the world. By helping researchers communicate their work more effectively, we accelerate the pace of global discovery and advancement.
What we’ll expect from you once you’re here:
The Multimedia Team Manager (TM) will use their experience and strengths in personnel management to lead a team to high-quality, high-service, and on-time product delivery. Team Managers are responsible for hiring, training, and developing the right people in the right seats and are directly accountable to the quality, service, and workload management (QSW). QSW success metrics for their team. They also participate in the establishment and execution of our operational strategy.
Oversee the work of PhD-trained science communicators and artists who work across all stages of the video production and figure formatting and creation processes.
You will be responsible for training new hires, communicating all product and policy changes in a timely manner, and ensuring that the team’s work meets product standards. The TM will also need to ensure that their team has the tools and access it needs to complete its work. Everyone in the Operations group is required to have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Experience you’ll need:
- Manages team workload targets and implement strategies to get the work done in a way that meets our QSW and efficiency goals
- Train, develop, and lead our great talent.
- Manages the service to meet cost targets while meeting service quality goals and customer satisfaction needs
- Coordinates internal and external resources to deliver consistent, high-quality multimedia products
- Coordinates technical information between internal and external parties for issue resolution.
- Consults on future technology needs and advise on emerging trends in digital media technologies
- Engages in frequent communication via email, Slack, and team meetings focused on processes and workload. Individual written feedback and in-person/video 1-1s are completed monthly.
- Engages in continuous self-improvement through internal and external personnel and operations management training.
The Multimedia Team Manager delivers:
- A team that delivers high-quality, high-service, on-time products
- Team workload distribution systems that balance QSW and efficiency goals
- Employees that are engaged and feel supported, and they’re the right people in the right seats
- Process improvements and product insights
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; Master’s or PhD preferred
- Experience leading a team, with a focus on service delivery
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in multimedia product delivery, including experience with the Adobe Creative Suite and Wibbitz
- Demonstrated experience in leading improvement projects
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience:
- Introducing and leading improvements in accessibility
- Surveying the competitor landscape and improving the value proposition for customers
- This position can be 100% Remote
Working at Research Square Company
Our team embraces and fuels change, fights for simplicity, invests in customers’ success, and applies a data-driven approach to continuously improve and magnify our impact. We have developed tools and services that have been adopted by major international publishers to improve the publishing experience for their authors.
We are a high-growth, family-friendly, and mission-driven company that regularly wins awards for our workplace culture, pace of growth, and innovations. Our organization is casual and flexible while also being stimulating and dynamic. We have a results-focused work environment. Employees work remotely from anywhere in the US.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!