Multimedia Developer – TEMPORARY
- Remote/Nationwide, USA
Job Title: Multimedia Developer – TEMPORARY
This position will work with Academics, Instructional Designers, and Course Production personnel to develop, design and create a diverse blend of graphics, animations, videos and other types of multimedia for online courses in Purdue University Global programs.
- Design complex graphics and animation, using independent judgment, creativity, and computer equipment.
- Create two-dimensional and three-dimensional images depicting objects in motion or illustrating a process, using computer animation or modeling programs.
- Make objects or characters appear lifelike by manipulating light, color, texture, shadow, and transparency, or manipulating static images to give the illusion of motion.
- Assemble, typeset, scan and produce digital camera-ready art or film negatives and printer’s proofs.
- Apply story development, directing, cinematography, and editing to animation to create storyboards that show the flow of the animation and map out key scenes and characters.
- Script, plan, and create animated narrative sequences under tight deadlines, using computer software and hand drawing techniques.
- Create basic designs, drawings, and illustrations for product labels, cartons, direct mail, or television.
- Create pen-and-paper images to be scanned, edited, colored, textured or animated by computer.
- Develop briefings, brochures, multimedia presentations, web pages, promotional products, technical illustrations, and computer artwork for use in products, technical manuals, literature, newsletters and slide shows.
- Use models to simulate the behavior of animated objects in the finished sequence.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.) in Instructional Design/Technology with an emphasis in designing for the web and e-learning (master’s degree preferred) or equivalent work experience 3 – 5 years related experience.
- At least three years experience in graphic design, multimedia and web development (preferably in e-Learning for higher education) producing creative solutions within constraints of Internet bandwidth with aggressive time schedule to create high-quality, small (file size), interactive presentations.
- Advanced working knowledge of Macromedia and Adobe (including Illustrator and Photoshop) applications as well as video and sound-editing software.
- Prior experience with video production and web-based media highly desired.
- Understanding of the user experience in online/web-based teaching and learning.
- Must be able to translate ideas into tangible multimedia products.
- An ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, self-starter, flexible and detail-oriented.
- Strong organizational, communication and listening skills.
- A portfolio of work available for review is required
- Proficiency with Quark a plus.
Location: Remote/Nationwide, USA
Employee Type: Employee
Business Unit: BU00115 Purdue University Global, Inc.
Purdue University Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer