Multi-specialty Surgical Coder Pro-Fee
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Multi-specialty Surgical Coder.
You’re equally comfortable with coding documentation, data abstraction and reporting, and educating others on coding practices.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
This position will be 100% remote / virtual.
System Services is our Corporate Headquarters in Broomfield, Colorado and is located within the Oracle campus. SCL Health is a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization dedicated to improving the well-being of the people we serve.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Multi-specialty Surgical Coder you need to know how to:
- Lead the work of the associates in the department and implement directives related to adjusting staffing levels based on service needs and volumes. Act as a resource and provide technical support
- Participate in human resource functions, such as the interview process
- Provide education/training and performance feedback for associates in the department
- Participate in policy and procedure development
- Ensure compliance with coding regulations and guidelines pertaining to specialty area and assist leadership team in crafting communications, tip sheets and workflows as needed
- Monitor and evaluate coding workflows in order to identify opportunities for improvement
- Be responsible for assigned coding functions including charge entry, code abstraction, and maintenance of coding work queues by appropriately resolving edits and working within defined processing time
- Utilize coding knowledge and source-based research to investigate and respond to coding requests related to their specialty team including the Practice Partner Line, Customer Service Requests, or individual inquiries to the Coding Department
- Generate reports and prepare data for the PB Coding team as assigned
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, required
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Specialist Physician (CCS-P), required
- Minimum of five (5) years in Coding; must already be in a Coder II role to be eligible and have a minimum of five (5) years of healthcare experience with at least three (3) years in professional fee coding, required
- Extensive Surgical Coding experience, highly preferred
- Qualified candidate must have multi-specialty surgical experience.
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Lead Surgical Coder on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Organization: Corporate, Various Locations
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Broomfield
Shift: Day Shift
Job #: 19003748