Multi-Specialty Coder – Per Diem at Aviacode
Multi-Specialty Coder (Per Diem)
- Job Locations: US-Virtual/Remote
- Job ID: 2020-2062
- # of Openings: 2
- Category: Medical Coding
- Minimum Hours: 20
Aviacode is looking for an expert Orthosurgery, Neurosurgery, Plastic Surgery, Colon/Rectal Surgery and General Surgery coders that also have multispeciality coding experience. This is a long term, remote coding postition that will offfer you a very flexible schedule and a collaborative and supportive team. Aviacode is a nationally reconized as one of the top medical coding companies in KLAS and Black Book Market Research surveys. Here is the opportunity to be part of this exciting team.
This position will provide high quality E/M, procedure and surgery coding across multiple specialties. Coder will Analyze medical information from medical records. Accurately code diagnostic and procedural information in accordance with national coding guidelines and appropriate reimbursment requirements. Consult with medical providiers to clarify missing or inadequate record infromation and to determine appropriate diagnostic and procedrue codes.
This position also provides education to providers related to coding. The position will focus on several different specialties, including Orthopedic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Plastics Surgery, Colon/Rectal Surgery and others. Coder will not need to know all specialties, but must have at least THREE specialties and be able to code E/M AND office procedure AND surgery for each of the specialties maintained.
- This is a W-2 position for a long-term project
- Current CPC through the AAPC required
- Must have at least 3 years of active E/M and Mulitispeciality surgery coding experience
- Must include coding POS 11, 21, 22, 23
- Must include coding of inpatient and outpatient hospital visits
- Must include coding of in-office E/M services and procedures across multiple specialties
- Must be able to code all types of E/M visits (IP, OP, ED, CC, Obs, etc)
- Must have at least 3 years of active E/M and surgery coding experience in at least 3 other specialties
- Coder will be coding E/M visits with in-office procedures and the ICD-10 codes
- Coder will be coding surgeries and the ICD-10 codes
- Must be able to maintain a 95% accuracy rate
- Coders average 15-25+ CPT codes per hour
- Coders for this role must provide their own computer with the following minimum requirements:
- Windows 10 (professional or Ultimate) 1703, 1709, 1803
- System type can be x32 or x64
- Installed Physical RAM must be 8GB or higher
- Resolution must be 1366×768 or higher
- Minimum Free Space must be 500MB
- Dual monitors are required. You will not be successful on this project with only 1 monitor
- Must be able to commit to working 20 hours per week
- US-Based Candidates Only
Aviacode provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aviacode complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Aviacode expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on protected classes. Improper interference with the ability of Aviacode’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!